Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently parked my bike in neutral gear and someone tipped it over.There is a dent on the fuel tank. I Am about to try heating and rapid cooling. Is it dangerous .I am not sure whether it is the fuel tank or only its cover that we see. can any one please suggest new ideas to clear the dent.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've seen it work on auto dents, with nothing more than a hair dryer, and a can of compressed air (CO2), based on what kind of dent it is (smaller "memory" dents aren't going to work this way).
You would need to heat the dented area for about 40 seconds, then turn the compressed air can upside down, so the liquid CO2 comes out when you press the nozzle. Cover the entire dented area with the spray. Stand back and watch...

You should try to remove as much gas as possible from the tank. Not so much because a hair dryer will ignite it, rather, it will act as a temperature stabilizer, and make the process less effective.

Again, can't say if it'll work, or what effect it will have on the clear coat. This is just what I've seen...

·
Registered
354 Posts
gas vapors are worse than gas liquid. I would empty the tank, and wash it with soapy water a couple times or until you cant even smell gas.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Water and Gas.

gas vapors are worse than gas liquid. I would empty the tank, and wash it with soapy water a couple times or until you cant even smell gas.
Wouldn't you Remove the Fuel Pump/Gas Gage Sending Unit First?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts