Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if I'm starting to many threads I was just curios if anyone else had an issue with their coat zipper making small scuffs in the gas tank and how I can prevent this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
those actually come in clear - any motorcycle gear store or dealer would have them - many diff types and materials i think

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thats the same one i have works good. Tried a clear pad and had one hell of a time trying to get the air bubbles out. Much easier to go with a color

·
Registered
532 Posts
As others have mentioned, tank pads help, as they basically sit between you and the bike's paint. The clear film others have mentioned is either the tankslapper film or 3M film, which you basically apply to your tank in the same way you would if you were doing vinyl wrapping:

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

If you are also worried about your pants/knees, the tankslapper/3M solutions also cover this area with film, or you can buy something like TechSpec tank grips, which although they do alter the aesthetics of the bike, do provide even more protection and grip from what I've read (I have a set on order atm).

http://www.techspec-usa.com/

Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks everyone, I am going to go to the dealership today to see if they have anything appealing, if not I will probably follow those links and check out the tankslapper.biz. thanks guys

·
Registered
501 Posts
Someone here had a good idea of Not putting a tank protector on till you sell the bike, that way it hides the scratchs. Instead of when you sell they see scratched tank protectors that are hard to get off.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
3M. I like the clean clear look which helps with further mod styling you may wish to go with along with any possible resale. I've done this with my last two bikes and am completely pleased with it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Someone here had a good idea of Not putting a tank protector on till you sell the bike, that way it hides the scratchs. Instead of when you sell they see scratched tank protectors that are hard to get off.
Actually i have never had any problem at all getting them back off. Piece of cake get a corner started and peel it off

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
3M. I like the clean clear look which helps with further mod styling you may wish to go with along with any possible resale. I've done this with my last two bikes and am completely pleased with it.
Did you get the 3M from Tankslappers? If so, does it cover the entire tank or just the top? If not, from where did you get it?

I'm a little worried because I already have a scuff mark on the top of the tank, but I'm hoping that it will rub out. :(

·
Registered
878 Posts
Actually i have never had any problem at all getting them back off. Piece of cake get a corner started and peel it off
Yup, I've removed lots of protectors from bikes. I usually heat it with a hairdryer and it lifts right off. They're easier to remove than all the safety stickers that come with the bike, at least in my experience.

I've used the 3M material from Tankslapper on a couple bikes but found that it will start lifting up around the edges eventually and I just end up removing it. Again, that's been my experience and others may have had better luck.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Did you get the 3M from Tankslappers? If so, does it cover the entire tank or just the top? If not, from where did you get it?

I'm a little worried because I already have a scuff mark on the top of the tank, but I'm hoping that it will rub out. :(
Yes, from Tankslappers. I had it put on at the dealership when I purchased the bike and it covers only the bottom half, not the full tank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts