Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TheTankslapper.biz - The Product

CBR250R Tankslapper Tank Protection Kit $15.95

I have purchased basic tank protection film already custom pre-cut to fit all of my past bikes from this company. Easy to install. Easy to remove. Invisible. They emailed me to inform me it is now available for the new 250 after my inquiry a few weeks ago.

It works very well. If you sell your bike years down the road, pull it off and reveal the tank as if it were brand new.

They have a video on how to install it under "installation"

I have never used the 3M version they also offer.

Eventually they will probably offer a full bike protection kit which protects the fairings. I never tried anything beyond the gas tank protection kits.

Can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks bud,i just ordered the reg tank slapper, sounds like a good idea, those tanks do get spider web scratches easy, this should help,only thing no description ,does it come clear?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It comes clear in 3 pieces. You will love it. Once you put it on you can forget about it and your tank will always be protected.

Best time to install it is after you wash your bike but before you dry because your going to initially make a mess all over the bike during installation. After installation, repeat bike wash and dry. :)

Be careful you do not get any specs of dirt underneath or you will have a bubble. The best thing is if you put it on crooked it is very forgiving and you can pull it off and re-apply.

I think you can also get it in a carbon fiber print from them if you want to cosmetically change the look of your bike.

...or any other color for that matter.

My last bike was a VFR800 Tri-Color. You would not notice it unless you walked up to within a few feet of the bike and looked for it. I left it on when I sold it. Prospective buyers will appreciate it's use.

Let me know what you think once your done installing it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sweet... the site isn't loading at the moment but I'll try this later.

·
Registered
400 Posts
thanks for contacting them,otherwise they prolly wouldnt have jumped on it,i contacted cycle sounds to make a system for the CBR250.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I cut out some PPF film today and made my own tank protector.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to hear the glowing review! I found this site on my own last week and figured it was worth a try. My kit is in the mail... :)

--l8r

·
Registered
5 Posts
How much does the middle piece cover? I ask because I want the top of the tank covered too, and since they don't yet make a top piece, I was thinking of simply going with the Snider's paint guard from Aerostich, since I probably have to buy it anyway.

However, there's a slight compound curve on the top of the tank, going down each side of the gas cap. I do wonder whether the Snider's is too thick to conform to that slight line, leaving a gap open for dust & dirt. Still, if the Tankslapper doesn't cover it either....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had a left over set of Techspec tank/grip pads left over from my 675. I went with the larger stompgrips for the Triumph so i put the smaller Techspecs on the Honda. Its been working out great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"Clear Armour - CBR250" protection kit

I found this site a while back when looking for some tank protection. The kit actually covers the fairings, tank, and headlight area. I haven't ordered it yet but maybe soon.

Clear Armour MotorcyclePpaint Protection

As you will see if you follow the link, the company has kits for lots of different bikes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pictures of tank slapper installed

So I got caught in a thunder storm on Saturday this weekend and when I got home drenched, decided to wash my bike. After which I pulled it in the garage and dried it with a leaf blower while it was still pouring buckets outside. After a wipe down with a micro fiber towel I decided to install the tank slapper I purchased since the bike was clean. Their site was down but I remembered it was something like a 30% alcohol 70% water mix and decided to give it a shot with no instructions (I have done it before with all my other bikes). 100 degrees, humid as all get out, and still pissed about being pelted with rain, I ventured forth. Not Ideal conditions but I got through it with the mix in a spray bottle and a credit card to work out the bubbles. The lower center piece that tucks under the front of the seat was a real pain to get smoothed down because of some sharp angles. I had to get a hair dryer running on low and that solved the issue. Be sure to remove the seat so it isn't in the way. :rolleyes:

I am including some pics but what I have found is it is not easy to capture on camera. It's supposed to be nearly invisible right? It really isn't noticable from just a few feet away. I stuck the white cut outs it was delivered on to the tank so I could show the coverage on a couple pics. Subtract 1/16th of an inch (read - almost nothing) from the diameter all around the circumference of the white cut out pieces and thats what you get as for as size.

I have never used the 3M version as the static one with out adhesive has never unintentionally peeled up on any of my previous bikes so I stick with what I know.

Several years down the road after it takes all the scratches I give it I will spend another 16 dollars and replace it with a new one to keep up the paint protection and appearances on the tank area.

Hope this helps others. You might be able to see some of the line edges up real close in some of the shots. Again it really isn't noticable to others unless you draw their attention to it.

(The blue Reflex 250 has a custom fabricated cupholder, powered antenna bracket, speaker stand offs, remote on the dash, and an AM/FM USB MP3 Retro Radio under the seat in the tail section... if anyone winds up curious about it. It is a great errand scoot. I only use the radio on AM sports talk radio and to listen to ball games in the summers. The massive wind shield blocks out almost all of the wind so I can keep the volume low so as not to intrude on others while I scoot about.) :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
It looks pretty good. You can see the lines in the pictures, but it doesnt stand out at just a glance.

Seems like a pretty good investment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Clear Armour - CBR250" protection kit

I found this site a while back when looking for some tank protection. The kit actually covers the fairings, tank, and headlight area. I haven't ordered it yet but maybe soon.

Clear Armour MotorcyclePpaint Protection

As you will see if you follow the link, the company has kits for lots of different bikes.
Do they have this for the 2011 250? Looks like a great kit. I tried a search for CBR250R and didn't get any results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah the company put out the 2011 CBR250 kit about 3 weeks ago. Kit costs $165 + $15 postage - Australian Dollars so the $15 postage probably only applies if you are in Australia otherwise you would have to pay the shipping to wherever you are.

Clear Armour Motorcycle Paint Protection

follow this link (honda kits) and it is at the very top.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Seems like a pretty good deal if you're looking for that much protection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts