Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have done nly 1600km and oil changed at 600kms(1st service)
i ride daily 5km up and down and weekends 100km+

i dont have the noise at cold start and also when i ride continousely for 100km etc...

But when i ride say 15km and kill the engine,
turn switch back on to run radiator fan.
(engine not started yet)

After fan dies itself after 3minuite or so,
when i start the engine,i hear a noise sounding pit pit tick tick tick tick with the engine sound.

its even heard at idle and when i rev.
Metal on metal like sound it
is

when i wait for the bike to cool and when its one bar on
c-h meter,i am not having it.

Also as i said above riding at redline for 100km or so continousely dnt even produce it.

Now i am not killing the engine due to it.i let engine run on neutral when i have to stop for a minuite or so,for a cool drink or a phone call.
Please help

do i have to change oil to
10-40? Here its 42degree ambient as its summer

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
rang up service guys and said about it.they told its metal expanding
at heat and its bcoz of clearance given,and sound is normal.bt howcome it dont happen when i ride continosely? Please reply guys

·
Registered
501 Posts
Is the noise coming from motor or muffler. My muffler makes a ticking sound due to heat exspansion & contraction.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey TBC,
THIS IS NOT THAT REGULAR TICK OF MUFFLER WHEN COOLING DOWN.the thing you say happen to each and every vehicle and i am aware of it.

This tick tick i am referring to,resonates with engine sound,and goes completely when i pull the clutch in.
But its heard in neutral loud enough though

·
Registered
175 Posts
That is not tappet noise if it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Probably the clutch throw out bearing or push rod. Does your bike idle at 1400 rpm? A low idle can cause noise in the clutch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just told it goes away when clutch pulled when running.
But comes back when clutch is engaged and motor starts to move.

Note:when this tick tick is happening around,i get a smooth gearing though.
Extra smooth
so smooth that it is hard to put in neutral.

Asked my buddy to check it.
He did have a small tick at idle,not loud as mine,when i asked to check like condition in post1.
He told it faded away when engine started to run.
For me its taking a long time to fade,and people at either side of road hears it too.that looks make me sad.

Could anyone find it out?
Do i want to forcely ask service team to check it?
My mechanic told no worries and its common.
But so far i havent seen anyone with it.

For me,please everyone reading this post,try as in post1 and share your experience,

would it be the oil?
I am using 10-30 honda.
Its **** hot here 42degrees
do i wanna switch to 10-40?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would go with 10/30 Honda HP4 synthetic. It will not thin down as much as regular oil and will probably eliminate some mechanical noise when the engine is hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
Guys
M a new addition in this forum
Nd my query about the bike is the noise I m getting from engine head... Its not a regular sound which I get from the engine... Its merely a ticking sound which I m getting...
Its annoying too.. Coz I don't want my bike to sound like that...
What is the problem, can anyone of u please tell me.. About it.. Nd how to rectify the same... Thanks all

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have done nly 1600km and oil changed at 600kms(1st service)
i ride daily 5km up and down and weekends 100km+

i dont have the noise at cold start and also when i ride continousely for 100km etc...

But when i ride say 15km and kill the engine,
turn switch back on to run radiator fan.
(engine not started yet)

After fan dies itself after 3minuite or so,
when i start the engine,i hear a noise sounding pit pit tick tick tick tick with the engine sound.

its even heard at idle and when i rev.
Metal on metal like sound it
is

when i wait for the bike to cool and when its one bar on
c-h meter,i am not having it.

Also as i said above riding at redline for 100km or so continousely dnt even produce it.

Now i am not killing the engine due to it.i let engine run on neutral when i have to stop for a minuite or so,for a cool drink or a phone call.
Please help

do i have to change oil to
10-40? Here its 42degree ambient as its summer
Do you know if the valve clearance inspection was performed at the first 600 mile service? It's possible the dealer may not have done it or did it incorrectly if they did.

It could explain why your hear it when the engine warms up. Do you have any other engine problems, hard starting or crappy performance?

I think most cars and some bikes have the valve tapping when cold not hot.

I live in a hot climate with temps similar to yours (42C/107F) and did not have this problem over the summer.

Changing the oil to Synth might help but valves would be my on my list of things to check.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts