Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm starting my US tax return via TurboTax and came across the "Qualified Electric and Plug-in Electric Vehicle Credit" deduction.

I was on chat with a TT representative and he/she/it said that our beloved motorcycle does not qualify for this even though their description of the deduction was _quite vague_.

HOWEVER, any of you tax gurus out there, or using a real accountant, know of any tax deductions for this thing? Some sort of loophole? (I mean, come ON, it gets better average gas mileage than most, if not all, hybrid vehicles).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well you use no gas if you don't go anywhere. I want to know when I'll be able to get credit for the days I sat on the couch drinking beer and stuffing my face. I guess that one falls under "Earned Income Credit."

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you can claim mileage as a business deduction then you get about $50 per hundred miles (havent looked it up for this year).
10k= $5000

regards
Badger

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was looking at electrics when I bought the CBR. After you factor in operating costs over say 5 years ( gas vs batteries, up front costs, range, maint., etc) The CBR won out. I wish you could claim the bike on taxes, considering I ride mine to work so I can pay taxes.:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts