Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got the Tech Spec tank grips off ebay for about $50. These come in three textures, the one I have is their "premiere" texture called "snake skin."

Application: Had to heat up the tank with a hair dryer for a minute, stick em on, let em sit in overnight. Pretty easy.

Protection: My tank was getting pretty scuffed up from every direction including the sides (as you can see in the last photo). This pad is .125" thick. Its overkill as far as protection is concerned.

Looks: Personally I can take either look but I have already gotten compliments on the "upgrade."

Grip: I actually wear full leather every time I ride, grocery run or canyon run. So as far as leather goes, these things make a noticeable difference. The website claims, "Will assist in reduction of vibration, increase in control, and increase in comfort." I agree with it all. Vibrations are zero, which makes the bike feel more solid and grip is increased which makes it feel more stable to flick the bike around.

Conclusion: These things are staying on. Recommended.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just put these on my bike as well -- Haven't rode with them yet, however they definitely look like they'll provide some extra grip (and let me grip the tank properly without thinking about wrecked paint).

I'm actually thinking about getting the center pad as well (version that looks like your progrip, in snake skin), however finding issues getting one easily in Canada.

EDIT: Center pad ordered (number 6, which looks similar to the ProGrip on the above pics) -- Will have to take some pictures once I have it on the bike and everything back together (still waiting on parts to arrive from T-Rex for my sliders)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Two places actually -- the sides I got from BlueStreakRacing.com (Canadian) and the centre pad I got from TechSpec directly.

If you aren't in a rush, I'd recommend getting it from BlueStreak, as shipping was approx $30 from TechSpec and came DHL Express, which was more trouble than it's worth (vs CanPar). If you don't see what you want on their website just email them -- they can order anything in from TechSpec's catalogue...it just might add a week for them to get it.

I also have pics of mine posted in another thread on the forum:

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/52206-post23.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks brother!! Definitely going with blue streak; and can I get the clear tank cover from there as well? And nice ride btw :) looks super clean! And yea I agree don't like the helmet hanging on the turn signal but it's his bike lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
No, the clear film I had to get directly from the tankslapper website (tankslapper.biz I think). It was fairly cheap, $15ish, however I bought two so I'd have one as a spare.

One thing I should point out is although the tankslapper (clear film) comes with both pieces for the top of the tank and the sides, I only put on the top one, since there was no point adding the sides (no additional coverage, plus all the issues of not being able to adjust the TechSpec pads). If I ever get a tank bag, I might use those side pieces to protect where the bag would sit by cutting them to whatever shape I need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts