Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Nice one, Redline.

I was up at Phra Vihearn a month or so before the present hostilities blew up, so got to go over the border and visit the temple. What a magnificent location and vista. I don't know if you can cross the border now. It is a pity they cannot agree on joint administration, but there is a lot of face at stake.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Google Maps is pretty cool in fairness.

Check out Google sky as well.

Take yer iPad out at night, hold it up to the sky and it'll give you a map of what you're looking at.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Beautiful country and no shortage of temples, no matter where you go. First time in Thailand I took the train from BKK to Chiang Mai, 12 hrs!. Train was going soo slow at times I cld have run faster but no complaints. The jungle foliage was an arms length away, I cld literally reach outside the window and grap the vegetation. Redline, have you the opportunity to go on some of these rides?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Beautiful country and no shortage of temples, no matter where you go. First time in Thailand I took the train from BKK to Chiang Mai, 12 hrs!. Train was going soo slow at times I cld have run faster but no complaints. The jungle foliage was an arms length away, I cld literally reach outside the window and grap the vegetation. Redline, have you the opportunity to go on some of these rides?
What rides?

Train rides? Yes, the only public transport I enjoy is a train, and have traveled pretty much all of Thailand by either train or motorbike, repeatedly.

Personally I like the over-night train rides while enjoying a btl of scotch in the dining car and watching the world go by during the evening, before retiring to the 1st class cabin. Then waking to invariably a fresh jungle scene outside your window as you describe.

Have been based here 6 years, the first year in Chiang Mai, then a year in the North-East, then 4 in Bangkok with a trip away to various parts of the country most long-weekends and holidays.

During my first year in Chiang Mai I was sent to China and decided to go via a boat up the Maekhong, along Burma and Laos and then to Kunming, then had the opportunity to spend a month traveling across China by train, which was pretty interesting a nice way to relax.

Next up (sometime) is the train from HCM, Vietnam, to Beijing, then across Mongolia and Russia to the Baltic states and then back to Europe.

If Europe still exists by then, which it probably won't.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Opps! I did come across unclear:eek: I was asking about the bike rides lol Sorry bout that mate:D The Goldon Triangle...travelled there. Awesome. Spent short time in Beijing and honestly didn't like it.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah right.

Yeah, some amazing riding up there in dem der hills.

The North is probably the best region for riding out here.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ah right.

Yeah, some amazing riding up there in dem der hills.

The North is probably the best region for riding out here.
I admire anyone that rides in Thailand traffic. It's a blood sport and not for the faint of heart. :eek:

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not really.

It looks like chaos when looking in from the outside.

Get into it and everything flows. Just in a slightly more exciting manner than in the West.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Traffic certainly does flow lol and can palpitate the heart. North Thailand does have beautiful twisty roads. Not sure if I have the guts to ride them though. Yikes!! If I lived there I would hope I would give it a go.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated with a ride to HellFire Pass, and beyond.

The POW memorial for those who died building the Death Railway. (The Bridge Over The River Kwai'.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts