Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1290 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
there is info on a new CBR500 around India (probably). Here's the link and the rough translation:
Honda CBR500 và CB500 "l

I don't know about you guys, but the CBR500R seems fugly as hell :cool:
The CBR500R in the picture has a somewhat different fairing than the one in the magazine. They're similar, but there are differences, especially in the leading edge of the fairing by the headlights.

I think the CBR500R in the "leaked" picture looks quite handsome, especially in that nice arctic white. But that's only one angle, and I certainly haven't been a fan of Honda's recent styling (see also: VFR1200, NT700, etc.). The NC700x is fine, and the CBR250 isn't bad, but I think both the '08-spec Ninja 250 and new Ninja 300 are more attractive. The side view may determine whether it's a purchase next spring or not.

FWIW, I think the naked bike looks quite homely in the leaked pic. YMMV.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hilarious.

They're quoting this guy's (LoserLazer) odd list of demands. :D

What a joke.
I can also confirm the new cbr500 as some of my contacts here also confirmed it to me. I hope, i will not be their liar.:)

and redline, these are not odd list of demands.
they are pretty realistic man and i am sure i am reflecting the thoughts of many prospective buyers of it :)
Just talk with your guys in Honda - i hope you are there - and give this list to them, huh?
i do not want this list - again and again - turn out to be a sh.t list at the end.:D
waiting for it but i do not sell my cbr250. it is my city bomber and after all these mods, it is really powerful now. and i am sure i cannot find the peace of mind with new cbr500 in the city.
cbr250 for city
cbr500 for highways and long runs
a good recipe, aye?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
430 lb wet, had to look that up to see what it is in a real measurement.
=195.045KG

Crikey! thats heavy.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ninja 300 is looking better all the time.

Hopefully in a month I'll be carving on one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
CBR500R .109bhp per wet pound 30ft-lbs torque
N300 .103bhp per wet pound 20ft-lbs torque

Power per weight ratios state the the new 500cc parallel twin Honda will be no faster than the Ninja 300. It will have 10ft-lbs more torque but will have significantly more porky fat weighting a whopping 50 lbs higher than the Ninja 300. This means less agility.
430 lbs wet is what the typical inline-4 600cc super sport weighs. The Honda 500cc parallel twin is a fat pig if these specs in Hellforleather are accurate. Count me in the not interested category for the Honda 500-twin.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Actually, that's not tooo bad... The EX5 is a little less than 10lbs heavier and the GS5 is a bit more than 10. Still, I was hoping for something closer to 400 like the Striple.

·
Registered
724 Posts
70pds more weight than our 250s is a concern for me. One of the factors that make me love the bike is the ultra light weight, 430pds and I might as well save my money for a slighty used 600.

181 - 200 of 1290 Posts