Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

641 - 660 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
240.5 miles/ 2.433 gallonsUS = 98.8 mpgUS
Still using electrically heated clothing in the mornings. Warmer weather is coming next week.
thats awsome.
i'm at 7000miles now and at 80 mpg but i'm always trying to squeeze
every drop and coast alot to stops,and ride easy in the right lane when i can.still stock gearing.:)i love this bike.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have found that my mileage has greatly increased since I quit doing those insane warm-ups until the first bar showed on the temp gauge, which was something I had read to do here. It was possibly only advice given for the break-in period.
Now, starting the bike is the last thing I do after putting on my gloves. I let it run for 30 seconds or so to clear out, and then take it easy until that first bar shows.

My motorcycle (Honda CBR250R) | Fuelly

I am also riding more. I am about to finish my 3rd week of no-car commuting!
I can't wait for my Aerostich Roadcrafter suit to arrive!

·
Registered
599 Posts
The first fill-up today after 87.3 trip miles took 1.028 gallons.

That's 84.9mpg, which to me is insane. The miles were mixed but mostly city riding with respect to the newness of the motor.

Will this change as the CBR250R gets broken in?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I rolled into the gas station with it rolling to exactly 161.0mi. It filled up with 2.001 gallons. I'm happy with getting 80.5mpg with an aftermarket exhaust. It was a mix of highway (65-75mph), back roads (high revs), and throughout town.

·
Registered
113 Posts
CBR (Honda CBR250R) | Fuelly
Mine.
Mostly highway, but not interstate. 50-60mph or so average on the move. I start it and ride as soon as it comes back to 1500rpm (10-20 sec). I am tucked most of the way except in the traffice right at the base gate. I ride 60 miles almost everyday (90+%) so this bike will be adding miles fast. We'll see what that does to the mileage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The mileage should be 70 mpg if you take it easy. If not, it should be mid 60s. My recent gas mileage was 50 mpg and found out that my front tire psi was too low. It is now 36 psi and I am getting back to 70 mpg. My bike is 2011 CBR 250R with 42,000 miles and still running strong. I just took it to UCI (Univ of Cal, Irvine) from the Bay Area and back. It was fun even in the rain!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
36 psi is quite excessive. The manufacturer manual state 29 psi for solo and 33 psi with a passenger.

The mileage should be 70 mpg if you take it easy. If not, it should be mid 60s. My recent gas mileage was 50 mpg and found out that my front tire psi was too low. It is now 36 psi and I am getting back to 70 mpg. My bike is 2011 CBR 250R with 42,000 miles and still running strong. I just took it to UCI (Univ of Cal, Irvine) from the Bay Area and back. It was fun even in the rain!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
First two tanks with the new tail/ trunk are 95.8 mpgUS and 244.0 miles / 2.545 gallonsUS = 95.9 mpgUS, 2.45 L/100km, 40.8 km/L.
The new tail didn't help much but at least it didn't hurt the fuel economy and now I can lock up all my stuff.

with that kinda load 41km per litre is serious good number.. taller gearing ?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
taller gearing ?
15/ 36. Pulse N Glide. Following at 3 seconds. 65 mph On my way back and forth to work 40 miles each way.
Added mass on a vehicle really only hurts the efficiency whenever you touch the brakes especially if you commute on an open highway using PnG. But I only got 78 mpgUS, 33 km/L ripping through pouring rain at 80 mph, 130 kph, on my way for that camping trip.
I still have a few aero mods to add. Foam round overs for the leading edges of the tail, larger windscreen to shed the rain off of my visor now that I using a less radical tuck, removable lower panels to finish covering the chain and swing arm.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh, yes, I can add something here, too.
Last year, it was for a 2200km trip an average from ~3.3 liter / 100 km
With 14/38 chainset
This year, with 14/36, it was from the ODO ~3.5l/100km on about 4.500km
But with a GPS checked and calculator corrected ODO , it is also ~3.3 l/100

Meaning:
Last year, the ODO was "spot on", this year, with 300R chainset, it is about 6% under the real distance.

But still 3.3 l/100kmh

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
4 valve adjustments up to 31,000 where I set them to the loose end of the spec. 51,000 miles on the bike now so time to do it again. You can check the clearance from the left side without taking the tank off but if changing shims is needed is better with it off. My first rear IRC tire went 15,000 miles. The second rear went 16,000. When I also changed the front front at 31,000 miles to the Michelin Street take offs from my R3. The third rear is done now after 20,000 miles. The front Mich feels choppy but has tread left so I will ride that a bit longer. I changed the gearing at 4,000 miles and the same sprokets are still on. The third chain I put on was a DID Gold at 31,000 and it is still good. And I ride in winter through salty roads. These small displacement motorcycles are very cheap to put miles on. This last tank was 242.7 miles/ 2.398 gallons US = 101.2 mpg. Previous tank was 104.9 mpgUS, 44.6km/ L, 2.24L/ 100km.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
That's insane. I wish my chains and tires would live that long. I got 17,000km out of my IRCs and then the rear was technically a slick and illegal to ride. I usually get around 75mpg (3,1 L/100km) but I also don't tuck.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I push my rear tires a bit farther than most people. To prove a point to the car people. My motorcycle uses less tires than my car. The front IRC still passed inspection for tread wear at 31,000 miles but I wanted to try the Michelins and they did give me another 7% fuel economy. I lubed and inspected my chain last night. No tight links, no adjustments needed. My bike has a streamlined trunk tail which also helps FE.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I push my rear tires a bit farther than most people. To prove a point to the car people. My motorcycle uses less tires than my car. The front IRC still passed inspection for tread wear at 31,000 miles but I wanted to try the Michelins and they did give me another 7% fuel economy. I lubed and inspected my chain last night. No tight links, no adjustments needed. My bike has a streamlined trunk tail which also helps FE.
Were the tires you put on Michelin pilot streets? A 7% boost in fuel economy is awesome, sounds like I found my next tires! Do you feel that the bike rolls better during coasting? I'm running bridgestone S20 evos on my CBR 250R right now, just stuck a new one on the front to accompany the almost new rear. Previous searching for fuel efficient motorcycle tires showed only one option, the Bridgestone Battlax SC Ecopia, a tire for large scooters that is only sold in europe...

641 - 660 of 689 Posts