Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Dupont Teflon Chain saver (wax) Every 400-600 miles, depending.
+1 .... i use dupont chain degreaser first..let it sit one minute then wipe off..think i may try my pressure washer next time tho..wiping with a rag still leaves a lot of residue on chain in the nooks and crannies

·
Registered
192 Posts
I use Bell-Ray blue tac it seems to work well....I lube the chain about every 500 miles.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Liquid Wrench every 500.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Liquid Wrench every 500.
doesnt that sling all over the back tire and rim like fricken crazy? i used to use just generic o-ring lube to begin with..just like wd-40 and liquid wrench it stays wet....that crap always left a huge mess on my back rim..had to wipe it down with an alcohol soaked rag once a week to make it silver again

switched to dupont chain wax= no splatter at all since it dries to a clear film on the chain

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I spray on a quick splurt of lube when I get home every evening.

Once a week when I wash the bike I deep clean the chain, particularly focusing on wiping/cleaning the chain slider, you need to lift the chain up and really get yer fingers in there.

To each their own.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
doesnt that sling all over the back tire and rim like fricken crazy? i used to use just generic o-ring lube to begin with..just like wd-40 and liquid wrench it stays wet....that crap always left a huge mess on my back rim..had to wipe it down with an alcohol soaked rag once a week to make it silver again

switched to dupont chain wax= no splatter at all since it dries to a clear film on the chain
I haven't had any issues with it yet. I even used it on my clutch lever because it was snagging up a bit. It is the chain lube kind not the bolt seize.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Liquid Wrench every 500.
+1
I use wd40 and a wire brush then some liquid wrench and that chain might as well shine. did my first lube today and went for a ride and it also quieted some chain chatter. perfect :cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dupont Teflon Multi-purpose lube. Cleans and lubes, works like a charm. Also great for firearms...

I usually clean and lube our bikes at least once a month. My wife and I tend to attract rain it seems.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Chain saw oil, applied with a tooth brush. - Even cheaper.
I use whatever is available, whenever necessary.

Yes folks, chain saw chain oil is sticky and works well. I used it before spray on lube became available on the market, and would again.

Spray on chain lube of any brand is best, but with a can lasting quite a while I have no real basis for comparison, except than that it works better, lasts longer, and is more convenient to use than oil.

Where I am now a can of chain lube costs an expensive 800 baht (about $US 25.00). Ordinary oil costs nix and works just fine, though needs to be applied a bit more often. I don't muck around with cleaning. For my current ride a standard (non O-ring) chain and sprockets costs about 550 baht, and is good for 25,000 to 30,000 km. (15-18,000 miles)

·
Registered
149 Posts
1 - 20 of 129 Posts