Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the powder at home.

Not many people know my decision. It's a very, very small number of people. I could probably could count them on my fingers.

I think I decided this morning. I wake up one morning, it's the Ninja. I wake up another morning, it's the CBR250.

But this morning I woke up, had a great conversation with my mom. Once I had that conversation with her, I think I was set.

The dealership that I've decided to go with, they just found out. Before I came on here.

I've taken a lot of advice from my friends and family. A lot of people that I look towards, in a time of need or for advice, ultimately they looked at me and said "You ultimately have to live with your decision that you're going to make, and you have to do what's best for you, for your family and for you to ultimately be happy."

But, no. I don't have any doubts at all.

This summer, argh. . . . . this is very tough. . . this summer I'm going to take my talents to Des Plaines Honda and join the cbr250 crowd.

:D

Seriously folks, I rode the 2011 Ninja today and, well, it just doesn't hold a candle to the cbr! I even had to warm it up at the dealership first. . . :rolleyes:

And even though Kawasaki supposedly tuned up the bottom-end torque in 2008, it just feels like a dead weight off the line. And although the Ninja is known for its awesome cornering, it just didn't feel as light at the cbr. The cbr makes you feel like you're floating. . . .

The Ninja is a cool bike. The CBR is an awesome bike.

So yes, I'm going to just endure the month til it comes in, and I'll be happily on my way hopefully.

·
281 Posts
:)Plus 1 on your decision Bluefire! Also, enjoyed your suspenseful "Decision" post....maybe you should write short stories............:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
as long your happy with your choice, i'm glad to support you!
i hope the dealer will have no trouble sending your bike right away. it took me a month to wait, but its worth it.
ride safe!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Firstly congrats, and welcome to the club.
You will have to wait to enjoy the fruits, but let me tell you this, the fruit is sweet indeed.
My friend here in India has both Ninja Fi and CBR. The Ninja in US, a carb version is bad, when compared to the UK spec Fuel-Injected Ninja.
India gets the same Fi Ninja. But cost in India can be as high as Rs. 320000 for Ninja, which base model CBR is only Rs. 167000
Imagine the difference. It took Kawasaki an year to sell 1000 units of Ninja in India, while Honda got 1800 bookings of CBR in less than a month of booking startings. Now 4000 people have booked the CBR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good choice! It'll be well worth the wait. I don't like the Ninja either, and the dash on it looks so cheap. Not a fan...
Hope you get it soon!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Very origional Bluefire.. you had me hanging on your every word..Tahee..hee.. no really, good choice on the CBR 250...I didnt ride the ninja but i did sit on one in a dealership and the cbr just felt better..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Months ago, I was all set to get the Ninja in the near future. Then the CBR came out. The CBR just meets my needs better. Both are great bikes.

Congrats on your choice! I'm waiting too, so you're not alone.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bluefire,
Danielle from Desplaines Honda left me a mssg, said theyre going to have one in on June 26th.
Last I heard Dupage Honda, where I got mine, was supposed to get their last one at the end of June too.
Do you have a deposit down?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bluefire,
Danielle from Desplaines Honda left me a mssg, said theyre going to have one in on June 26th.
Last I heard Dupage Honda, where I got mine, was supposed to get their last one at the end of June too.
Do you have a deposit down?
yeah, I do have a deposit on one...was the june 26 one for a bike that was actually available, or did it have a deposit on it??

·
Registered
928 Posts
Didnt get any details since she left a voice mail. Do you know how many they have coming in on June 26th or whenever they told you they were coming?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didnt get any details since she left a voice mail. Do you know how many they have coming in on June 26th or whenever they told you they were coming?
Yeah I just spoke to her a couple days ago, told me they had two coming in next week...don't know what to think.

I guess it doesn't matter too much. I can't do much riding in this wonderful weather we're having!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well hope you get it soon. Ive been riding between the rains, looks like warmer weathers on the way at least.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The weather here is sucking. It was 95 today with a 98 heat index and like 80% humidity. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts