1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Like a naked bike. Not quite liking the headlight though:confused: side mirrors much nicer than the 250

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nah

Why on Earth would I wanna have this when I have CBR 250R already?
Seriously you can't compare the Inazuma with CBR 250R, as much as you can't put it side by side against Ninja 250....there's a whole difference between a naked bike and a fairing/motosports bike. If you compare CBR 250R with Ninja 250 it still makes sense. Just coz they all have the same 250-cc engine displacement level doesn't mean they belong in the same category (or market segment).
And I thought this was a CBR 250R community...why put an Inazuma on the spotlight? If it was just as comparison, that've been okay.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Good to see Suzuki re join the 250 market, we lost the 4cyl Bandit a few years ago.

Now Yamaha where is the R2 ?.. it would no doubt be expensive but would clean up the market if it was along the lines of the R-125 , (not the horrible Indian R-15 cheap ass thing.)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Now Yamaha where is the R2 ?.. it would no doubt be expensive but would clean up the market if it was along the lines of the R-125 , (not the horrible Indian R-15 cheap ass thing.)
Aufitt - are you refering to the YZF-R250 that Yamaha has (supposedly) been testing for a few years? Many forums are referring to this bike as the YZF-R4. Yes - the R-125 is a beauty, but it is quite a bit more expensive than the CBR125R in the U.K. Then again - I don't mind paying for quality and lighter weight (I still think the CBR250R weighs too much). If Yamaha built a YZF-R4 based on the R-125 chassis, using the WR250R/X single (some dynos show this powerplant producing 25-27 rear-wheel stock hp) and keeping the weight down to around 300 lbs - I would probably have to have another bike in my stable. Imagine that - 75 lbs less, and similar or better rear-wheel hp to a Ninja 250R.

Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
Whoa! I just googled the R-125. I've never seen that one before. Yes she is a beauty.

If they made that as a 350 or better still, a 400 and brought it to the States, I think it would become my very first Yamaha bike.

I never used to be interested in small displacement bikes (less than 500cc) but now after owning the CBR250R I'm hooked. Small bikes are way more fun on public roads.

On edit: While I'm happy to see Suzuki put a 250 on the table, that little 250 just doesn't seem to be growing on me. I do hope it does well though. I want to see the small displacement market continue to evolve.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why on Earth would I wanna have this when I have CBR 250R already?
Seriously you can't compare the Inazuma with CBR 250R, as much as you can't put it side by side against Ninja 250....there's a whole difference between a naked bike and a fairing/motosports bike. If you compare CBR 250R with Ninja 250 it still makes sense. Just coz they all have the same 250-cc engine displacement level doesn't mean they belong in the same category (or market segment).
And I thought this was a CBR 250R community...why put an Inazuma on the spotlight? If it was just as comparison, that've been okay.
My 2 cents.
Sorry... I don't see the point of your post...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Aufitt - are you refering to the YZF-R250 that Yamaha has (supposedly) been testing for a few years? Many forums are referring to this bike as the YZF-R4. Yes - the R-125 is a beauty, but it is quite a bit more expensive than the CBR125R in the U.K. Then again - I don't mind paying for quality and lighter weight (I still think the CBR250R weighs too much). If Yamaha built a YZF-R4 based on the R-125 chassis, using the WR250R/X single (some dynos show this powerplant producing 25-27 rear-wheel stock hp) and keeping the weight down to around 300 lbs - I would probably have to have another bike in my stable. Imagine that - 75 lbs less, and similar or better rear-wheel hp to a Ninja 250R.

Mike
Yes, Yamaha will blow the market away when its released, all be it probably like most yamahas more expensive, but you pay for quality :)
Hope its a single cylinder from the WR.

The R-125 was realeased here 2 yrs ago, nice running gear, bodywork and frame, but nobody bought it as it was 7k (same price as a Ninja 250 at the time , the cbrABS is $6k, the whoflung is -$6k), the crappy Megelli is $5k (looks are decieving)

Now they have released a very poor cousin of it the R-15 made in India and its $4k, its like the cbr125, very low spec.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The fairings can be a bit of a pain to remove and replace when you are working on a supersport-like styled bike. The Inazuma 250 might make such tasks a little simpler and easier to carry out.

Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread. However, there has been talk that KTM will release a 350cc Duke at some point in the near future. If it is anything like their 200cc Duke (see link below) it will certainly give the 250cc class a run for its money. Still - I would rather see this chassis wrapped up in supersport clothing (i.e., KTM RC4).

KTM launches Duke 200 at EICMA

Then again - with the 200cc KTM Duke as described above - you get a bike with roughly the same power as the CBR250R (i.e., 25 hp), but..........with a curb weight of around 275 lbs (it is unclear if this is truly a wet weight figure). This means that the KTM 200 Duke boasts a power to weight ratio that is even better than the vaunted Ninja 250R!!!!

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts