Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda are releasing an official version of the CBR150 in REPSOL livery. Not sure of which markets it will be available though.

Should be an easy swap to put them onto the 250 if one desired.

I changed all the silver fairings on my black/silver model to make it all black, the cost was 1,800thb inc. labour. The shop then sold my old silver ones for 1,100thb, sweet.

So shouldnt cost too much depending where you are in the World.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Everyone wants to look like Stacey.. not me :p

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never been a fan of the Repsol editions, but have to say that this is one of the better looking ones.

Just look at the old CBR150.

*eyes begin to ache*

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting your 14 horse-power 125cc done up in race livery seems a bit funny.

How's it gonna feel when a 60 yr old woman burns you off the lights on her maxi-scooter.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Honda are releasing an official version of the CBR150 in REPSOL livery. Not sure of which markets it will be available though.

IMO these bikes are very cool... eye candy on two wheels.
Just a guess on my part, but I'll bet this 150 motor shares the same crankcase/transmission as the 250. If that were the case it would be less costly to swap out the top end of the motor to end up with a CBR250R Repsol. From a manufacturing stand point, it makes sense to build several engine sizes on the same bottom end.

Is that box frame actually aluminum, or box steel with silver paint?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Just a guess on my part, but I'll bet this 150 motor shares the same crankcase/transmission as the 250. If that were the case it would be less costly to swap out the top end of the motor to end up with a CBR250R Repsol. From a manufacturing stand point, it makes sense to build several engine sizes on the same bottom end.

Nothing shared with the 250 in that engine. That engine preceded the 250 by 4 years.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Kinda fruity for my taste.

·
Registered
210 Posts

I changed all the silver fairings on my black/silver model to make it all black, the cost was 1,800thb inc. labour. The shop then sold my old silver ones for 1,100thb, sweet.

So shouldnt cost too much depending where you are in the World.
This bike in race livery is ridiculous.

·
Registered
445 Posts

I believe the cbr150 and cbr125 engines are interchangeable as those bikes are nearly identical. No way the 150 engine would fit directly into the 250.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think the idea was to go from a 150 to a 250, not the other way around.
Looks like I am a little mixed up, but the 250 engine would not be a direct swap into the 150 and vice versa. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Looks like I am a little mixed up, but the 250 engine would not be a direct swap into the 150 and vice versa. :eek:
I've been wrong before in my life. :eek: I think three... no, four times. So this would be number five.;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts