Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A user pm'd me about brakelines so I thought I would just answer here. Ive spent a lot modding this bike. Nearly its retail value esp since im a **** mechanic and had to pay a wrench in the beginning. So here is my list of mods listed from effective to basically pointless. Read through and maybe it will help you decide where to spend your hard earned nuggets.

1. New tires.
Bt-003 - this completely changed my confidence level. I felt super planted in the corners like i had glue on my tires. Which essentially what it is when these babies heat up. I thought the stock tires were pretty good though. But i paid 212 for front n back shipped. 50 to put on. So for 250 this was by far my most cost effective performance mod.

2. Speigler steel braided lines.
If you ride hard you brake hard. The first time my bike was on the track my buddy rode it and he boiled the brakes. They completely stopped working for a while. We bled them and they were better but when i added braided lines holy moly. What a difference. It will completely change your braking. Stop on a dime and the harder you go the better it stops.
150 installed. This is a great mod and i suggest it even to the sport touring and newbs.

3. Suspension
I had my forks redone by marietta motor sports.
It wasnt cheap. Was about 450 bucks with parts and labor.
Race tech springs and emulators but it made the biggest difference on the track.
Im not sure its a mod for someone who is just commuting but it really does take your bike out if the 4000 bike range and makes it feel more like the 8000 big bro. This bike feels really planted in corners and even under hard braking im not bottoming out. It doesnt float and i think it handles way better than the ninja.
Other guys have modded it so im sure they can chime in here. Cant wait to add a rear.

4. Rear sets, clipons, race spools
This bike sits pretty upright. Getting the pegs higher was def needed for me as ive drug the peg at a higher position because of shitty body position and changing my set up mid corner. Its a pretty self explanatory mod but nesc if your tracking a lot. The clips ons dont make much of a difference. I dont even know how much it lowers them but i didnt feel like i was leaning in anymore. So if your on a budget i say go rearsets first. The yosh brackets are 100. I suggest trying them first or the tyga over the very pricey alternatives.

5. Gearing.
I run a -1+1 from driven.
This is def a track mod. A short technical track mod
It basically eliminates first gear. But makes the bike quite a bit quicker and pulls harder.
I would not run this gearing on a highway. It was pretty cheap and easy
To do and it makes the bike more fun. Instant wheelies. See any video from street sniper. Just slow on top end.

6. Engine mods.
I could break this down into pipe. Ecu
And tune. But to be honest to feel any difference in performance you need them all and its minimal then. All these mods together were over a grand.
Juice isnt worth the squeeze. Out of all of them the tune made the bike respond better but not really more power.
This engine just iddy biddy. Essentially all you will end up with is a loud motorcycle. On the track it could mean the difference in a podium place but in the real world its a waste of money imho.
Do everything else first if you want bang for your buck.
I really hope honda drops a hrc kit for this bike and race leagues allow them considering how underpowered the bikes are on longer tracks.

My 2cents. Chime in if you have anything to add

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just wanted to ask you a question, what's your take on modding the cylinder head about removing the burs & smoothening (Port Polish) for the AF mixture? And one more thing, increase in compression ratio? Done that on CBR? Would that improve the performance?

·
Registered
389 Posts
so where is your picture thread?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I've done about the same Race Tech frt & rear,Yoshi full SS exhaust,DYNOJET/DFC,Galfer lines & rotors. picked up a little more power , but the bike rides so much BETTER after all the work was done. I like it :cool:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to ask you a question, what's your take on modding the cylinder head about removing the burs & smoothening (Port Polish) for the AF mixture? And one more thing, increase in compression ratio? Done that on CBR? Would that improve the performance?
I would love to see the result. My interest in the cbr is for novice racing in superstock trim, so cracking into the engine would be illegal in just about all clubs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts