Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, figured I'd jump on and say hi. I've been doing quite a bit of reading but no posts till now.

I purchased and picked up a 2012 Red non ABS 250 yesterday. I drove to work and home after only putting on 25 kilometers so far but love it.

I have not had a motorcycle for 18 years but found it was like riding a bike, you never forget. The reason for my purchase was to save wear/tear and gas from driving my dodge ram to and from work everyday. At $1.30 a litre for gas here it sure adds up.

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and if the weather co-operates should be able to ride for about 5 months here. Insurance to drive here on a motorcycle is not cheap either, with a perfect driving record I am paying about $235.00 a month over those 5 months of riding. (still worth it to me)

That's all I've got for now. Take care.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Hello everyone, figured I'd jump on and say hi. I've been doing quite a bit of reading but no posts till now.

I purchased and picked up a 2012 Red non ABS 250 yesterday. I drove to work and home after only putting on 25 kilometers so far but love it.

I have not had a motorcycle for 18 years but found it was like riding a bike, you never forget. The reason for my purchase was to save wear/tear and gas from driving my dodge ram to and from work everyday. At $1.30 a litre for gas here it sure adds up.

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and if the weather co-operates should be able to ride for about 5 months here. Insurance to drive here on a motorcycle is not cheap either, with a perfect driving record I am paying about $235.00 a month over those 5 months of riding. (still worth it to me)

That's all I've got for now. Take care.
Welcome!

WHOA...$235 a mo for ins. That is ridiculous as I pay only $110 a year. I would never live out there, I thought the coldness was bad but forget that it's too dang expensive to live there. On top of that you have to pay like 15% tax on EVERYTHING! Well at least you get free healthcare.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah I haven't got around to insurance yet, probably should. My mate has a Ninjette and he's forking out about $100 a month, he's had his learner's permit about 6 months less than me. He's lowsided twice :( Haven't found out if they've raised his premiums lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, they nail you hard here for insurance during the months you can ride and then of course it's only $5.00 a month for the months you can't. And our insurance like our alcohol sales here are all controlled and run by the province so there is no shopping around for a better price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts