Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
loose-ness of the throttle. I have a little play before the bike responds to the throttle pull.

·
281 Posts
loose-ness of the throttle. I have a little play before the bike responds to the throttle pull.

Tofu! This is probably discussed in the owners manual. It will tell you how to adjust this and how much play they recommend. You can then adjust to your personal preference...

·
Registered
111 Posts
mine has a little much for my liking... as my schedule frees up i will look to tighten the throttle play/response a little bit for sure :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
as a realativly inexpierienced rider, i tend to kind of open the throttle up when i go to grab the front brake. as we all know, that is a dangerous habit and i am trying differdnt ways to grip the throttle but does anyone have any insight into what a possible solution may be? and has anyone else had this problem when first learning to ride?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The owners manual tells you how to adjust the throttle play to your liking. I like mine so there is nearly no free play so I can make better down changes

·
281 Posts
i would think thats somthing the dealer should do for u,for buying the bike,good bizz:)
It is part of the initial dealer setup checklist. It changes overtime (more freeplay) due to the cable stretching a bit. The clutch cable stretches also, even more so. I like to have the throttle adjusted so there is almost no play at all....but you want to make sure it is coming up against the throttle stop first! ( ie , all the way closed). .......

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey regarding the throttle play, do any of you guys use the Cramp Buster? Its something to help you in long rides, reduces strain on your hand.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I plan on trying it. The only drawback on long rides, some times it helps to shake your hand, then you slow down. But maybe it will prevent the cramp/ numbness before the hand shaking is needed. I know people that will not ride without one. Some are are made wider too, for more comfort.
Is this the one from scottoiler? I will try theirs, because I will order from them soon anyway.

·
Registered
272 Posts
as a realativly inexpierienced rider, i tend to kind of open the throttle up when i go to grab the front brake. as we all know, that is a dangerous habit and i am trying differdnt ways to grip the throttle but does anyone have any insight into what a possible solution may be? and has anyone else had this problem when first learning to ride?
May2nd,

Try keeping your grip on the throttle & only using 2 -3 fingers to pull the brake lever. That should give you more control of the throttle & may help you develop good habits. More throttle when you want to brake is definitely not good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So is that cramp buster just for you to rest your wrist on?
I haven't used it yet. It is supposed to help u in long rides, wherein your wrists starts to pain. There are numerous uses, u can control the throttle with one finger, or with the weight of ur hand, etc.
I am yet to try it out, only my friend has tried it out on his Kwacker Ninja 250

·
745 Posts
Too much play in mine from the dealer as well. Left it alone for the first few days, but it gets adjusted tonight....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Removing the throttle play is an easy fix. Check out p. 71 in the Owners Manual.
It took me just a couple of minutes with a small crescent wrench. Just make sure you tighten the locking nut down against the adjustment nut and not back up against the curved throttle cable tube. The manual doesn't make this very clear.
I found that mine wasn't adjusted at all. It was set to the stops at the loosest setting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts