Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I knocked my bike over after bending over to grab my glove that I dropped and accidentally knocked over my bike. Nothing really got damaged. The exhaust pipe has a few little scratches surprisingly no scratches on the fairing but when I got on my bike to ride it home I realized that the throttle was stuck or something like that. Sorry I don’t really know much about fixing bikes and stuff. But I’m wondering if it’s an easy fix or should I take it somewhere to be fixed. I’m gonna try to attach a video to show you guys what I mean. Thank you!
Here’s the link to the video of my throttle

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
170 Posts
Sorry I don’t really know much about fixing bikes and stuff. But I’m wondering if it’s an easy fix or should I take it somewhere to be fixed.
Thank you very much for sharing and for the video!!!
For a professional, a qualified mechanic, this is not considered a complicated problem. If he need to get to the throttle body to handle with the other ends of the cables he will also need to disassemble the right cover (some more work to do).
The handle of the throttle is held by the two cables (A and B), by the switch housing (C), and in order to remove it from the handlebar pipe, the weight (D) must also be disassembled.
Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Bicycle accessory Automotive tire

If your handle fell into a sandbox then he can try to disassemble only to the weight screw (E), and try to get the dirt out with WD40 etc, (It's need an impact screwdriver and special screws glue).
Bicycle Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle frame

BUT It does not seem to me that this is sand etc' because in your video I have not heard noises indicating this possibility, so probably something has warped in the mechanism.

Do not attempt to repair it on your own!!!
Do not ride like this it can be Very Dangerous !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for sharing and for the video!!!
For a professional, a qualified mechanic, this is not considered a complicated problem. If he need to get to the throttle body to handle with the other ends of the cables he will also need to disassemble the right cover (some more work to do).
The handle of the throttle is held by the two cables (A and B), by the switch housing (C), and in order to remove it from the handlebar pipe, the weight (D) must also be disassembled.
View attachment 44842
If your handle fell into a sandbox then he can try to disassemble only to the weight screw (E), and try to get the dirt out with WD40 etc, (It's need an impact screwdriver and special screws glue).
View attachment 44843
BUT It does not seem to me that this is sand etc' because in your video I have not heard noises indicating this possibility, so probably something has warped in the mechanism.

Do not attempt to repair it on your own!!!
Do not ride like this it can be Very Dangerous !!!
Alright thanks I’m prolly just gonna go take it somewhere. No I didn’t drop my bike in a sandpit just in the parking lot lol. At least I got cruise control now lmao. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
170 Posts
At least I got cruise control now
YES BUT ...
What if suddenly it gets stuck and you can not close, the throttle?
It's really DANGEROUS to drive like that.
P.S. Do you ride without a right mirror?
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Toy Bicycle part

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES BUT ...
What if suddenly it gets stuck and you can not close, the throttle?
It's really DANGEROUS to drive like that.
P.S. Do you ride without a right mirror?
View attachment 44844
Yea there is no mirrors the bike came like that when I bought it from Facebook. I only rode the bike home after I knocked it over but won’t be riding it anymore from what it sounds like until I get it fixed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HANDLEBAR 53100-KYJ-305 relatively this is not a really expensive part (34USD).
If the pipe is slightly contorted ask the mechanic to save the existing part by a little straighten or sanding.
"I hope" you do not continue to ride with a stuck throttle.
Hey my uncle came and looked at my bike he said the handle bar was bent and he bent it back and now it’s fine. He rode it around on the highway and works fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts