Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfourtunetly, it has come time to move up. I've had my CBR250R For 5 months (Put 4.5k on the clock) and i've outgrown it. It's given me the confidence to get the hang of riding a bigger bike.

I Know this is a CBR250R Forum BUT has anyone had any experience with Hyosung GT650R's or Suzuki GS500F's? Anyone else upgraded?

Still Deciding the next beast!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've upgraded and downgraded many times in the past. I just can't seem to make my mind up. Hopefully, I'll keep the CBR 250R though, it's ideal for what I need. :)
+1. That's kind of how In feel!! I've owned many bikes and have been riding for years. When I look back at which bikes gave me the most enjoyment it's been small bikes, hence buying the CBR even when I already have a 250 and a 400. I have larger bikes and they mostly sit.

Anyway, to the original poster have a look at the Ninja 650, it's my favourite of all the bikes in that catagory.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Unfourtunetly, it has come time to move up. I've had my CBR250R For 5 months (Put 4.5k on the clock) and i've outgrown it. It's given me the confidence to get the hang of riding a bigger bike.

I Know this is a CBR250R Forum BUT has anyone had any experience with Hyosung GT650R's or Suzuki GS500F's? Anyone else upgraded?

Good question, I've a year to make up my mind ( p's) but it won't be them two. hyosung is crappy build quality and the gs is 2o year old. I'm thinking of a VFR800 or a z750

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I just got mine the very end of july and I too have over 4000 miles now, but its no where close to being outgrown for me yet...cant wait to spend the whole year on it this spring.....Even when I feel the need to upgrade, Ill probably keep the CBR as a commuter and the bigger bike as my tourer

·
Registered
319 Posts
Stay away from both, They might have bigger motors but the CBR will ride better.

My local dealer in wollongong were I bought my cbr has had a 250 hyo used for over a year he hasn't been able to sell.

They are cheap big, but not the best bike to ride. And I have herd of simmlar storys about the GS.

Are you still restricted? For how long??

Personally Im over 25 and my restricted license ends in September when ill be getting rid of the CBR and getting something bigger.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is the Honda CBF 600 available in Australia? I rode one last summer. It has a nice relaxed riding position and a good quality feel to it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Is the Honda CBF 600 available in Australia? I rode one last summer. It has a nice relaxed riding position and a good quality feel to it.
I agree there a great bike. There a comfey ride and have pleanty of power. You can cruise the highway all day no problem with this one

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've still got 2 year of being reistrcted as to what i can buy (It has to be LAMS approved) otherwise i would be getting a Ninja 650 or a CBR600RR. The VFR800 Is also another machine i would look at, my dad has one and it's a fantastic machine and he loves it!

I've asked a couple of questions on the hyosung forums and even they said, and i quote "As you may have read the hyosungs seem to be hit and miss with reliability", so that has turned me right off the Hyosung.

I Don't mind the fact that the GS500 Is a bit on the old side, i can pickup an 08 model quite cheap, though i know they are reliable and i have been recomended them by quite a number of people.

I've been doing some more research and i think i may get a GSX650F

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Should you really say 'Whoflung' and 'Upgrade' in the same sentence?

Or GS for that matter.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I had two Honda VFRs. They are great bikes but vary heavy. The weight didnt bother me but was a handful for the wife.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Have you thought of the Triumph Daytona 675? My brother bought the GS. It's a heavy bucket of sh*t. He's rode it twice, both times with me, now he won't ride it. Probably cause my cbr rounds him up in all the fun stuff and I'm the younger brother:) I Wouldn't go near the chinese bikes. The price is good but that's where the good stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1. That's kind of how In feel!! I've owned many bikes and have been riding for years. When I look back at which bikes gave me the most enjoyment it's been small bikes, hence buying the CBR even when I already have a 250 and a 400. I have larger bikes and they mostly sit.

Anyway, to the original poster have a look at the Ninja 650, it's my favourite of all the bikes in that catagory.
+2:D

yamaha tzr50, honda shadow 125, kawazaki gpz500s, kawazaki klv1000, bmw k1200gt, honda sh125:confused: what was i thinking?!, honda sh300i, and now a honda cbr250r, cool!:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts