Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have mine at 33 rear but i am 225lbs..i would drop to 29psi if I was you

and the factory setting on the rear spring is 2 i think..I found my headlight was bouncing all up and down on a trucks tailgate in front of me one night..I set it to the 4 setting ...had to buy a wrench from my dealer for $9 ...much better now. headlight doesnt bounce as much when someones driving in front of me so i can tell

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine came back at 29psi front; 33 back. I'm 185lb., and just leaving it at that spec.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
ok thanks I'm a newbie:) It's dumb because when I first got it I asked the honda dealer if I had to do any changes to the bike because of my weight or anything. They said no -__-
For any bike it is a good idea to start at what the manufacturer recommends.

Once you get a bit of experience with the bike, you might like to experiment a bit, and go with what feels right for you, but it is unlikely to be far from the recommendation.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
That's an interesting picture:

Maximum weight capacity: 166kg.

I'm pretty sure my one says 140kg. I remember thinking that's not a lot, less than one average American.

Will check it out when I get home.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Wonder what they base them on... different suspension?

I agree that load figures should be different from region to region. For example here in Thailand the bike is set for a rider of 70kg.

That's the average American's lunch. :(

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Wonder what they base them on... different suspension?

I agree that load figures should be different from region to region. For example here in Thailand the bike is set for a rider of 70kg.

That's the average American's lunch. :(
I regularly eat more Thai Chicken than that...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I started a thread in here earlier this year about the conflicting info in the user manual and service manual concerning maximum weight capacity..I called Honda USA Corporate.....ill just link the thread at the bottom rather than explain it all again :p

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-cbr250-general-discussion/3023-max-weight-capacity-cbr250r.html
spdkills, to all the naysayers In relation to your post about the max weight capacity, i have a friend who has a 50cc ruckus, and he was able to drag himself( 200 pounds) and his friend (220 pounds) up a steep hill no problem (although it was a little slow). There's no reason our 250's would have any trouble at all carrying 420 pounds up a hill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts