Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^ Depends on the situation really, decent tyres offer more error of judgement for a newb.

As that guy wrote he was nearly rolled over by a truck because the rear slipped out.

Poor tyres are a gamble with them being the only thing connecting you and your bike to the planet.

But back on topic, the poor tyres are only one aspect of the CBR286. No need to hog the thread about them.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
^ Depends on the situation really, decent tyres offer more error of judgement for a newb.

As that guy wrote he was nearly rolled over by a truck because the rear slipped out.

Trust me, it wasn't his tyres.

Bad workmen always blame the tools.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Trust me, it wasn't his tyres.

Bad workmen always blame the tools.
Yeah, that's the point. Less error of judgement for newbs. Much easier for newbs to lose their life when the only things connecting them to the planet are made from the rubber of horse drawn carriage tyres from the 1700s.

Better tyres, less chance of newbs slipping up.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
So I have to ask why you went the cheap route, replacing your rear PR3 with the $95 Continental you just bought? Couldn't you have just gotten another PR3 for what, $140?
I posted why in the thread about PR3's.

Also, Are you saying IRC is better than the Conti? (lol'ed hard if so)

Continental makes some good tires, I never got to try out a Conti on the 250, so ofc I'm gonna try it out. Is something wrong with that, boss?

If the tire felt unsafe, I would throw it away just like the IRC's. Now someone who always buys IRC's and thinks they are a great tire has never been on a great tire.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Yeah, that's the point. Less error of judgement for newbs. Much easier for newbs to lose their life when the only things connecting them to the planet are made from the rubber of horse drawn carriage tyres from the 1700s.

Yet another load of BS... it just keeps getting deeper.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
... Also, Are you saying IRC is better than the Conti? (lol'ed hard if so)...
Show me where I inferred that in my post... clearly, what I asked you was why you chose not to spend the extra bucks for another PR3. Nowhere did I mention anything about IRC tires in that post.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're developing a case of Dalap 'illogical thinking', or worse, believing his nonsensical bullshit.

Edit: FWIW, I could care less what tires you are running on your bike "Boss", however I do find it somewhat interesting when someone post one thing, and does something else... as in writing up a big fan boy review on Michelin PR3's, telling everyone how great they are (which they are very good tires), only to then replace the rear tire with a cheaper different brand of tire. Where is the logic in that?

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You mean that the stock IRCs aren't made from the rubber of horse drawn carriage tyres from the 1700s?

I honestly find that quite surprising.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Better tyres = more epic binning of shyte as noob pushes luck even further.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
however I do find it somewhat interesting when someone post one thing, and does something else... as in writing up a big fan boy review on Michelin PR3's, telling everyone how great they are (which they are very good tires), only to then replace the rear tire with a cheaper different brand of tire. Where is the logic in that?
Experimentation.

Change of riding style/environment, different purpose.

Budget.

Dealership out of stock.

Numerous reasons really.

But let's not get off topic, as I've said before this thread is about the CBR286. Play the ball, not the man. ;)

:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm also a fan of the stock IRC tires. I got 18,000 km out of mine and the front one was still in perfect condition. I get a bit skeptical when people on internet forums start talking about getting heat in their high performance tires. For racing I understand, but what kind of riding are you doing on public roads where you would even need to consider something like that?

For people who ride sensibly and just want a cheap (not so cheap in Canada) long lasting tire there is nothing wrong with the IRCs. Telling people they are unsafe is just a load of crap.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have almost 30,000 miles on my 250 in 2 years...IRCs 12,000 miles rear, 24,000 miles front...Commuting, weekend trips with girlfriend....never a prob. Even had to plug one once...meant to get it patched, but never got around to it...7,000 miles later replaced it when tread was gone...and yup, I'm nearly 60 years old, but I can still hustle a bike around the Dragon pretty well...and the IRCs do just fine. For the 99% of us who just ride, they're great....not crap...If you're racing or blasting thru traffic on public roads getting the rest of us a bad name, maybe you need something a little racier...but IMHO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The IRCs are fine for my use...and inexpensive.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts