Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys getting tired ridding? I notice I get a bit tired after ridding, true is, I just started and getting pretty excited about the whole things.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Its just training your unused muscles, tis good for them.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Not only your peripheral muscles but also the one between your ears. Riding requires more mental concentration than you'd expect, especially when you're learning. Hang in and enjoy. 'Tis normal:D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
And remember to ride with your legs, balls of feet on pegs, and minimal grip on the bars and controls.. just a gentle push of the inside bar for cornering.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The level of alertness a motorcycle rider must maintain is much higher than when when driving a car and the sensory input from all of the senses is much more intense. Riding is more mentally fatiguing.
Agreed!

I just started riding on the street after about 9 years of off road only. That's put me back onto the wrong side of the learning curve. My brain starts to fade after maybe an hour of non very fast back roads riding.

The key for me is to take a break BEFORE my brain slows into the stupid range.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have ridden on the streets mainly, but as you guys mentioned, I got better and already have around 200 miles in few days:) I took the freeway today and had to concentrate and keep alert, but I love it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts