Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just finished the msf course a few weeks ago and I am finally ready to buy a motorcycle. I've been doing much research on the internet and I have fell in love with this bike just looking at pics and reading up about it. I've saved up just about enough to buy the non-ABS version straight cash. So i've been reading that people have problems with unforced stalls when downshifting. I'm not sure if I should just not worry about it and just buy the bike or maybe find something else I might like. I really want to buy this bike but I don't want to have the same problem. Is there anyone out there that has not had any trouble with their CBR250R? Honestly I want a CBR250R so bad that I might just ignore the fact that other people have had this problem. What do you guys think, should I go ahead and just get the CBR250R or buy something else?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^

Every bike, regardless of make, can have issues.

People tend to exaggerate the conditions of issues via the internet. Some may actually have a legitimate issue, while some may just need to "break in the bikes" per say. If you are a rookie on wheels, buy a low powered bike. If you wish to purchase a new bike, you can't go wrong with Honda products.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Agree. This bike is user friendly and a confidence booster while still giving the rider a fun factor and run for his money. It appeals to both new rider and seasoned rider. I would hazzard a guess that some of the negative publicity may be to improper braking- in period

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I agree with TheAOP. Internet forums have (IMO) caused a lot of issues to be blown out of proportion. I've always been happy with any Honda that I've had. 200 miles in and the CBR250 is no exception. I've been riding for 35 years and just got my 250 in March. Loving it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I, too, am new to biking and absolutely LOVE my 2011 Honda CBR250R with ABS! It's very forgiving for a new rider who may not be as smooth on the shifting, cornering or braking as someone with more experience. I haven't had a single issue with it, not one.

It's been a month I have nearly 500 miles on my bike. You can't go wrong--to my knowledge it's the only 250cc sport bike with fuel injection and the ABS option. Not to mention the Honda brand, beautiful styling, great fuel efficiency and more fun riding it than you can poke a stick at--go for it, you'll be **HAPPY** you did!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Look noob, if you buy this bike, just promise you will put an exhaust on it. Tinting the windscreen, hotbodies fender kit, tail tidy, and an exhaust really make this bike look even better.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings CBRnoob,

Welcome to the Forum. Anything New and Mechanical, especially motor vehicles. Can expect to have some minor glitches. Having Faith in the Manufacture, to resolve those minor complaints, will assist in your Decision to Purchase the Product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the support and answers. After reading all of the responses I've locked in my desicion to buy the CBR250R. Now I'm just debating whether or not to save up a little more to get the ABS or not.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If you got the dough, get the ABS.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks everyone for the support and answers. After reading all of the responses I've locked in my desicion to buy the CBR250R. Now I'm just debating whether or not to save up a little more to get the ABS or not.
The ABS is good for resale value when you're ready to upgrade.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You'll be fine without. I smashed the brakes the other day to avoid a group of morons. Knowing how to react is better than ABS alone. Coupling the 2 is a different story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts