Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The used 2011 CBR250 i just bought didnt come with a user manual or a tool kit.

This is my first bike, so im not sure what tools are neccessary to have on hand with a bike.

Im going to buy some tools to keep with the bike, but can anyone tell me the MUST HAVE'S if there are any?

·
Registered
540 Posts
1. Flashlight.
2. Zip ties.
3. Trash bags.
4. Small leatherman.
5. Allen wrench (I cannot remember the size)
6. A 3/8" drive ratchet and a few common socket sizes.
7. JB Weld.
8. Adjustable pliers.
9. Diagonal pliers.
10. Cellphone (when all above fails).

These 10 items will get you out of trouble 99 times in 100.

·
Registered
540 Posts
A heavy duty trash bag or two is good for 101 things.. holding greasy broken parts you need to save for identification later. Makeshift rain poncho. Makeshift tent (with a bit of rope/twine) if you get stranded somewhere. Water collection. "Rain poncho" for your tank bag / backpack..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff... thanks for the help.

Not sure ill be pitching a tent if i get stranded, may just call insurance, but just to be safe ill have a bag or too with me!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ha ha, was gonna say Allen wrenches

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hahah.. those are last resort "oh ****" type things, dunno where you live, around here you wind up in a lot of places with spotty to no cell coverage. If I'm riding at night in the rain, the bags are coming out and going over (at least) my tank bag. If something breaks after that, try to fix with flashlight. If not, try phone. If that doesn't work, well, time to settle in and try again in the light of day.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bulbs
fuses
bungees
Phillips offset screwdriver
5mm & 4mm allen wrench.
8mm gear wrench.
flashlight
zip ties
tire pressure guage

All as flat as possible.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, set is just about complete minus the JB Weld whcih ill haveto go buy. Now lets see if i can make use of any of it in an emergency... ha!

I guess my first motorcycle will be like my first car, ill learn how to fix things as things go wrong

·
Registered
212 Posts
Random question does anyone know what size wrench is needed to loosten the rear axle bolt when adjusting the freeplay in the chain?

thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Random question does anyone know what size wrench is needed to loosten the rear axle bolt when adjusting the freeplay in the chain?

thanks
You need four.

???mm for the axle bolt (I used a 15/16", fits fine)
19mm for the axle nut
14mm for the swingarm adjuster nut
12mm for the swingarm adjuster locknut.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts