Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
so I've had my 2011 cbr250r for a couple months now and before I did any mods to it i did a speed run on the m4 in Sydney (I know sketchy right?). I was pushing it around the 9-10k rpm mark in 6th on a little down hill with no tail wind and I was able to reach a top speed of about 145/147 Km/h (91 mp/h). I weigh about 75kg (160lb) with a 5kg backpack while going full tuck.

a few weeks ago I decided to add a K&N high flow air filter and removed my mirrors and took her out for a run, on the same stretch I was able to get up around the 162-165 km/h (100-102 mp/h) with the same gear and backpack on while going full tuck.

has anyone else had a similar experience?
I'm thinking about getting a full Yoshi kit along with an ecu/Fuel tune and leaving my backpack at home next time and was wondering if all of that combined would get me up to the 180 km/h mark (110 mp/h) I have seen a video of a 2013 cbr250r going 182 km/h but there was no description of the mods on that.

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
164 Posts
hi Justin and welcome!

Thanks for testing info! :)

Was speed obtained from speedometer, GPS or radar?

On your 2nd test, you made 2 changes: K&N and mirrors. That makes it difficult to determine which mod contributed how much. Try another test with mirrors on, then we'd be able to separate K&N from mirror removal.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Try another test with mirrors on, then we'd be able to separate K&N from mirror removal.
Why anyone would be stupid enough to ride on public roads without mirrors is beyond me (and in most countries illegal too) but I guess some people are just desperate for the 2 km/h that they may get from being blind to what's going on behind them.

P.S. The CBR's top speed varies a lot depending on temperature and wind alone. I don't tuck and can legally top her out here in Germany and I get between 136 and 152 km/h indicated depending on conditions. So a single test run isn't going to give any information on changes due to mods.

·
Registered
68 Posts
P.S. The CBR's top speed varies a lot depending on temperature and wind alone. I don't tuck and can legally top her out here in Germany and I get between 136 and 152 km/h indicated depending on conditions. So a single test run isn't going to give any information on changes due to mods.
Agree with this one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts