Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,015 Posts
I believe that Corbin makes a seat that is a bit wider for the CBR250.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a Corbin on a previous bike, my old Kawasaki Concours, and it felt like I was sitting on a slab of concrete. That lasted about 6 Months before I bought a Road Sofa. Worlds of difference But they don't make that seat for the 250.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Having ridden rather a lot of motorcycles in my life I've found that for my backside at least, the stock CBR250R seat is one of the best. I've ridden 500 mile days with no discomfort other than feeling that slightly higher bars would be nice on the slower sections.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Back roads never had any problems but highway use is a PITA literally and it def will be in about 2 weeks. I am going to get some bicycle shorts to wear under I guess and hope for the best.
-Aph

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J.P. Cycle, Motosport and Revzillah have a selection of seats for the 250. Mustang and Saddleman both have very good seats. Currently have a Mustang wide tour on my 950 V-Star and like it a lot. But be prepared to bite the bullet for these premium seats. Prices ranged from $290-$842. The Roadsofa being the top end of what I saw. Will be checking out to see if Seth Lamb has anything for the 250 and will report back here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
10-4 yeah I have had Corbin on all of my "banana" seated bikes and Seargent on my cruisers but just can't tell from just sitting on the little 250 one I got to do. I never rode it and was about 3 years before I got mine and was not looking at comfort only bike size when I sat on it sadly.

-Aph

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My mistake on spelling. That should have been Laam with 2 a's not just1. Sorry about that. Anyway, currently waiting for reply from Seth On what he can do or has for the CBR250R.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, nothing back yet from Laam seats. However, their are a lot of alternates out there with the following 4 as a start with the major manufacturers: Corbin, Seth Laam, Mustang, Sargent. There are more out there but this will give a starting point. Good hunting and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Word back from Seth Laam is he CAN build a custom tour seat for the CBR250R or he can work off your stock seat, either way, to build a custom comfortable touring seat. Check out his site to see some of his seats, types of material, stitching, etc that is available. I do not work with him or have any affiliation, just a great appreciation of his work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
At the expense of sounding like a CBR250R fanboy, I really haven't had any hindside issues on this little bike. I fear my next bike (Kawi 400?) will make up for this. Ha! Granted, I haven't ridden mine for more than say 1.5 hours at a time. And I've seen many Craigslist ads with Corbin replacement seats. So I'd guess they're worthy of checking out. Best of luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts