Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I think there must be enough of these bikes being used on the track to warrant a forum of it's own. It would make life a little easier.
I'm trying to find answers to some typical race bike questions.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
So, no interest in a new sub-forum?
While I'm not sure if there are enough members here who own 250R's dedicated strictly to racing & track days to populate a new forum with those kinds of specific topics, I'll take a look through the pages of the Performance forum over the next few days (as I find some spare time. I'm needing to get out and do some riding myself ;))... if it looks like there are enough topic specific threads that could be moved over to a Race/Track Bike forum I'll talk to the site administrators about creating a new forum.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
There isn't enough members into it here, and it may lead new street riders the wrong direction 'because they read it on a forum'.

Make your own thread, guys like 600k2 and a few others know cbr's backwards.
People like to read stuff, Im just here for the pictures.

Personal preference and setup is key on the cbr.
Pushing it to cazy levels is the only way to gain pace, Ari Henning might be setting lap records, but its not because of an unlimited advertising budget... its because he's a ****ing good rider.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'll tell you what, there's a Race Bike forum at the VTR250 forums and I can guarantee there aren't many of us using it. It just seems like the appropriate place to put and look for race bike builds. IMHO
The CBR is my girlfriends and it's already got Hotbodies, Elka shock, PCFC, carbon Akra slip on, Unbeatens, frame sliders, setback plates (for sale), a shark fin and it's all safety wired.
I'm getting her rearsets, HH+ pads and tank grip for our anniversary.
She ordered clipons and adjustable levers yesterday.
The short list includes a repaint, springs and emulators, air filter, mod the stock header pipe, 13T, and a SS braided brake line.
She's taking it down to Louden for the Penguin school in June.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There isn't enough members into it here, and it may lead new street riders the wrong direction 'because they read it on a forum.
That's priceless, how do you feel street riders will be influenced by a race bike forum more than a race bike build thread?
Also there is a National CBR250R race series in Canada and Japan, probably elsewhere. The only direction it may lead them is to to the track, IMO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Trying to revive the race bike forum - I just raced my CBR250 for the first time this weekend. Took two sixths. Not sure what all bikes finished ahead of me, but I know there were two KTM RC390s (maybe three) and one Ninja EX300. A bunch of Ninja EX250s behind me.

I was racing head to head with the EX300 for most of the first race - he would pull a little (but not too much) in the straights, I was tight on his butt after breaking and could pull a little on the drive out - but not enough to get a pass.

The moral of the story is that our little CBR250s can keep up to the bigger bikes, and leave some of the other 250s behind. (At least on a 1.7 mile course - MSR Cresson - Motorsport Ranch – 1.7 Mile Race Course).

Any others with race results to share? Don't leave me as the only one bragging...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May 15-17 is my first round weekend, let's see if we can get that thread for race bikes, track bikes and track prepping. I don't like searching through the Performance thread for pertinent information when it's filled with a bunch of crap not even related to performance riding for the most part.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think if we just keep posting in this thread someone will notice all the traffic, lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you guys run the tip over/bank sensor? I see Angie's is in the parts box, I'd think it would be good to have... no?

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I could look at that for how to reinstall it to...
After a crash it would be nice if it shut off, but what's the downside?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aaahhh, so that's probably why the check engine light is flashing they must have simply unplugged it...

1 - 20 of 146 Posts