Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
First race of the CMRA 2016 season was this past weekend at MSR Houston. This is my first year as an Expert racer. Took 2nd in SuperStock E (basically only 250s allowed), 6th in Ultra Lightweight GP (mostly 300s and the KTM390 - look at all the KTMs and R3s) and 2nd in Rookie Expert Lightweight (bikes up to SV650s, but there were only 3 entries, and I think one dropped - so you could also say I was last).

Didn't do as well on my CBR600 - there are some wicked fast folks out there. But I'm working on improvement...
Good one, must be cool being able to race against other 250's. I was taking my 300R (and 250R before that) to the track but I stopped as there was no class for those bikes here in provincial New Zealand.
Now I race a GSXR400 and in April the first round of six kicks off for the local cup, so time to get serious!
I will be racing in Formula 3 which is 4 cylinder up to 400cc and twins up to 650cc. Generally this class is dominated by SV650's.
I'm mainly in it for enjoyment above all. :smile2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I haven’t checked in in ages, Angie isn’t my GF anymore, we are still good friends but she may be done track riding for a bit.

I’m still racing the VTR250 and last summer got a Hawk GT race bike. Love it!

I’ve convinced the club that the CBR300R is a better fit in the 250 class, hope some will enter :)

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Well this is 2019 and I guess I am the only guy to still be racing a CBR250R. I am in New Mexico and race with SMRI who's series starts in May. ASMA has already started and I will miss the first two events but will be ready for the one in May also. Because everybody has gone to a 300 class I did install the 305cc kit and done a bunch of other things. Bike is now 311 lbs. Still don't know how Ari got his 2011 down to 295 lbs.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts