Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in the general discussion as well.

I was looking for opinions on tracking a 2011 cbr 250r. I do my track days on a 2010 Triumph Daytona 675, but was looking to get something for my little brother. I know there is a ton of race stuff for the RS, but I wanted a 4 stroke. Not to mention fuel injected. So anyone out there tracking one of these guys let me know whats up. Can you get track plastics, upgrade the supension, steering dampers? Any info woud be apriciated.

Also I have a friend that rides an rs125 and its a bad little machine

·
Registered
36 Posts
SharkSkinz will be releasing race plastics by February, Elka, and Penske have rear shocks, Tyga has rearsets and fork pre-load adjusters, Woodcraft has clip-ons, Bazzaz has the fuel management and quick shifter, Goodridge offers a brake line kit, Bridgestone has tires, Leo Vince has an awesome full system, and several other companies offer race goodies for these bikes. We are currently prepping one for our son to race in 2012.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I will tell you after December 18th,
Home

Going to ride it stock except for the Akra and the forks dropped 10mm thru the clamps, and indicators & mirrors removed and glass & plastic taped up, and the rear fender removed.

The January trackday I'll have all the mods done with Woodcraft bars and Tyga rearsets.
There have been some threads here of guys on track, and racing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just what i was looking for.

Now, anybody think it might be cheaper/better to try and find a used moriwaki md250h instead?

I realise cheaper/better is almost an oxymoron; I would like to hear both sides.

Any information is always apriciated as I am new to the 250 scene. The only thing I know or think I know is RS=2 stroke

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Its cheaper to use the bike you have, only really needs the Bars and pegs and an exhaust with clearance and you are good to go, the rest is up to the rider.
In fact bikes are 90% rider when it comes to the track.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it is going to be rode hard at all I would dobthe suspension. I've don't 2 track days so far and my tyga rear sets still scrub the pegs, I hang way off the bike as well so it isn't due to me riding sitting straight up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you looked at old hawks too? they're not very expensive and i think parts are pretty cheap too
I would do an SV650, if i was to do that, just because I know so many people that track them. The bike is also for my brother and he is 115 pounds. I would like him to start out with less power so he can learn how to carry a lot of corner speed. I see some guys on liter bikes spank it on the strait and then park it in the corners. Thats not so impressive to me. Either way I wanted to get a new bike with fuel injection wich is why I was looking at the cbr in the fisrt place. I was more or less looking to get him on the track for this up coming year and then he can upgrade to an SV650 two years from now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should check out this thread:

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/1309-race-winner.html

And there was a thread somewhere where a member posted about picking up a trashed 250 and turning it into a track bike. Maybe you can look for something similar. If it's mainly cosmetic stuff (body panels, mirrors, levers, etc.) and nothing mechanical / structural maybe that would help you save some $$.

Here is the thread for the trashed CBR > Track Bike:

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-c...crashed-2011-cbr250-am-making-track-bike.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts