Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2011 CBR250R ABS today on a 2009 Yamaha TMAX 500 scooter. I really liked the bike but the seat is awful and I wanted a windshield. The dealer gave me close to what I gave for the Honda $4195.00 for my bike on trade. If you want a red and silver CBR250R with ABS, Lake City Honda in Warsaw, Indiana has one with only 1236 miles on it. First service is done. It was fun to ride and got great gas mileage (I filled up before I left to go to the dealer and got 75 MPG on the last 150 miles.) The TMAX rides and handles so much better -- it should, it cost over twice as much! :) The power is surprising. And it has a big old windshield (no more bugs, bees, and wasp!)

Thanks for all the ideas and fun time spent reading entries here. I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Scooters are awesome... my roommate just bought one and I'm considering stealing it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
got over 2500miles and never hit any bees or wasp lol.even with the backroads that usually have a lot of bugs splat on my car windshield blood and all..

maybe wind was your biggest problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
wow...why did you trade it if u don't mind me asking? Were you happy with the trade in value?
I don't mind--I wanted a more comfortable seat and better wind protection from wind and bugs ( I came from a 2008 Harley Street Glide to the CBR250R).

Yes, very happy. The dealer gave me $4195.00 (I paid $4500.00) and rode the Honda 2 months and 1200 miles.

If you're not familiar with the Yamaha TMAX I traded for, (I wasn't until a week ago :)), here's a link:

2009 Yamaha TMAX Scooter Review - Motorcycle USA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone else hit alot of bees and wasps? I have had 4 wasps get stuck in my jacket so far and sting me. All within on ly 1300 miles of having the bike. Not fun.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Awwh man, that sucks!! After being hit over 80+ times by wasps(stepped on a nest).. I know the feeling

I'm thankful for having full face mask. I've done my part in keeping down the wasp population :)

I have a leatherjacket that they just bounce off of

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where are you riding?

Are you guys riding through fields of flowers or something that you are getting hit by that many bees and wasps. Seriously i've put over 1600 miles on my 250 and i've maybe had like 4 bugs total hit me.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I read the linked article.
All I can say is "That is a scooter I wouldn't mind owning". It's very cool.

Have fun with it & don't be a stranger. Let us know from time to time how the TMAX is working out for you.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Anyone else hit alot of bees and wasps? I have had 4 wasps get stuck in my jacket so far and sting me. All within on ly 1300 miles of having the bike. Not fun.
Vespa is Italian for wasp... you're not Italian, are you?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't mind--I wanted a more comfortable seat and better wind protection from wind and bugs ( I came from a 2008 Harley Street Glide to the CBR250R).

Yes, very happy. The dealer gave me $4195.00 (I paid $4500.00) and rode the Honda 2 months and 1200 miles.

If you're not familiar with the Yamaha TMAX I traded for, (I wasn't until a week ago :)), here's a link:

2009 Yamaha TMAX Scooter Review - Motorcycle USA
Sweet! looks like one nasty scoot... good job on the trade in.. you did well on it!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Horses for courses; different strokes for different folks and all that. Life would be boring if we were all the same.

There is more to life than a CBR250R. All the best with the new ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This past weekend, a fast moving projectile in the form of a bee manage to smack the sliver of skin between my jacket and helmet, fly up into my face mask, and buzzed around mere centimeters from my panicked eyes.

It happens.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I traded in my 2011 CBR250R ABS today on a 2009 Yamaha TMAX 500 scooter. I really liked the bike but the seat is awful and I wanted a windshield. The dealer gave me close to what I gave for the Honda $4195.00 for my bike on trade. If you want a red and silver CBR250R with ABS, Lake City Honda in Warsaw, Indiana has one with only 1236 miles on it. First service is done. It was fun to ride and got great gas mileage (I filled up before I left to go to the dealer and got 75 MPG on the last 150 miles.) The TMAX rides and handles so much better -- it should, it cost over twice as much! :) The power is surprising. And it has a big old windshield (no more bugs, bees, and wasp!)

Thanks for all the ideas and fun time spent reading entries here. I really enjoyed it.
Wait WTF? I'm in Warsaw lol. I got the first one they had in stock here in town.

So they would give me that much on mine??? Maybe I should go buy the green Ninja 650 they have in that case! If I owe $4500 still thats only $300 to make up for and I would bet I'd get that in the trade hehe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i got mine in warsaw and they told me i was first but anyway it is not abs. I ride around that area all the time and have not hit the any bees ar wasp and love the bike

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
LOL.... personally...when i see someone riding on a scooter...i expect to see one of 3 types of person riding it..A pimply teenager-An old crusty grey headed dude...or a chick :)
Hey ya colour coordinated lump of lard. That's my bro, his lad, and his lad's gal ya'll talkin' about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts