Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my CBR250R in for the 600 mile service and while I was there I asked what kind of trade I could get if I bought a new NT700. They gave me a great offer so I took it. I'm commuting on the freeways in the Bay Area CA and the extra power, much better wind protection and shaft drive all made sense.

I had fun with my CBR250 though!

I asked the dealer if they ended up adjusting the valves and they said yes, they were all tight. Don't skimp on that 600 mile service!

There is now a great deal on a used CBR250 at Hollister Honda. The 600 mile service has been paid for already.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
681 Posts
That should make a nice commuter. Congrats man!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should make a nice commuter. Congrats man!
It made a big difference in the commute today (60 mile round trip) compared to the last time I commuted the route on the 250. I'll miss tooling around the backroads on the 250 though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The NT700 looks like a great and practical bike (I nearly rented one in the UK while on vacation there 6 years ago, but it hadn't been returned yet so they upgraded me to the Yamaha Diversion 900 that they had instead)...

I honestly think that the MSRP of the NT700 is way over 'what it's worth' but if the bike makes you happy then that's all that matters..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Congrats!
I considered an NT as well but it was to high for me, both in seat height and price. I can flat foot on the 250 with boots on and the price is more within my budget. Enjoy the NT, it looks fun. Motorcyclist had one on long term and had a couple of write ups I think in the april and May issue.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Nighthawk 750 was a little heavy for me at about 60lbs. less that the NT and also a little high on the center of gravity. For your needs it's shame Honda discontinued it. Air-oil cooled, self adjusting valves, much cheaper, and people put 100,000 miles on those things. I guess Honda didn't make enough $$ on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts