Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my CBR250R in for the 600 mile service and while I was there I asked what kind of trade I could get if I bought a new NT700. They gave me a great offer so I took it. I'm commuting on the freeways in the Bay Area CA and the extra power, much better wind protection and shaft drive all made sense.

I had fun with my CBR250 though!

I asked the dealer if they ended up adjusting the valves and they said yes, they were all tight. Don't skimp on that 600 mile service!

There is now a great deal on a used CBR250 at Hollister Honda. The 600 mile service has been paid for already.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
278 Posts
The NT700 looks like a great and practical bike (I nearly rented one in the UK while on vacation there 6 years ago, but it hadn't been returned yet so they upgraded me to the Yamaha Diversion 900 that they had instead)...

I honestly think that the MSRP of the NT700 is way over 'what it's worth' but if the bike makes you happy then that's all that matters..

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Nighthawk 750 was a little heavy for me at about 60lbs. less that the NT and also a little high on the center of gravity. For your needs it's shame Honda discontinued it. Air-oil cooled, self adjusting valves, much cheaper, and people put 100,000 miles on those things. I guess Honda didn't make enough $$ on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.