Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Traded my CBR250R for 2008 CBR600RR

CBR250R was my first bike. I made 4.5K miles on it since May 2011, mostly twisties, and learned a lot. Now its time to say goodbye. I picked 600cc supersport as my second bike, I like everything about them: the power and weight, the riding position.

Different people had different opinion on this change - some people were saying that's too much of the change, other, especially those who know me personally were sure I am ready for it.

First impressions:
- It was extremely easy for me to get used to it. Just in two minutes of riding I felt like I was always being riding this bike. Thanks to 250cc - i learned a lot on it.
- Power is simply incomparable to 250cc, but manageable VERY easy. I had absolutely NO PROBLEM with it from first seconds on the bike.
- Bike feels very light, of course its not as light as CBR250R, but again, the weight feels natural and easy.

Today i was only on the city streets and freeways. Tomorrow I will make a loop in twisties on it and lets see how different it will feel there.

Not saying goodbye to the forum - I will read it from time time still.

EDIT - here is the pic of my new bike (also in post below)

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm not sure I can resist much longer too on getting a 600. Yours looks out of this world good. Lock it up wherever you go. I'm split between a GSXR600 or 750 or the 600rr.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not sure I can resist much longer too on getting a 600. Yours looks out of this world good. Lock it up wherever you go. I'm split between a GSXR600 or 750 or the 600rr.
my neighbor kid has the gsxr600,freeking nice bike.
i rode it for an afternoon.....sweet.
but very crappy mpg if your having fun.and the price is three times
more than my little cbr:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have you been caught out with the front wheel in the air or just taking it cautious?

Im looking to upgrade to a weekend/track bike. r6/600rr/daytona or 848, so hard to choose, maybe i should get a project bike from a wrecker or something.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My 600 with a full system and a PC and Its get pretty decent gas milage. A little over 40. better than the cage. riding my cbr250 hard takes it into the low 50's little difference. but not enough to really effect my pocket. My insurance on the 600 is only 10 more a month than the 250

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on your new CBR600RR. Very nice colors. Did you ride it on BARF Mellow Ride today? I almost went, but went with another group. It was a gorgeous day out there. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats. I kind of went the opposite route as you. Started on a 600 ss, and rode it for about 4 years. Which it got 43mpg the whole time. Sold it because I was either going to get hurt or into serious financial trouble, I have a cdl and too many tickets is a no no. How I miss it but in the three miles I rode it home it seems to have plenty of thrust to get me around on my commute.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a gixxer 600 2010 last September just so I could ride with the SS crowd. The insurance is 3x that of the CBR. Gas is about 2x the CBR. And where I live the yearly registration is also 3x more than the CBR. So not cheap of an upgrade at all (over 2k$ more per summer). But the 600 is incomparably faster than the 250 in a straight line, so no more issues passing cars and following the SS pack. The gixxer is more stable at high speeds but nowhere near as nimble as the 250. The riding position on the gixxer is unforgiving and my body hurts after every ride while on the CBR250 it was never painful. I've been riding for over 20 years so the 600's power is very manageable but you can definitely get yourself in a bad situation much easier just because you'll end up coming into corners with more velocity. I plan on keeping both of them around for a bit if only because the CBR is so unique imo. Who knows if more ppl ride 250s I may take it out more often than the 600.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts