Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be "That guy" who has a full set of matching gear for my tri-colored CBR250.. Is there a particular brand that has good matching colors?

I've seen a few helmets that would match decently.. but having a hard time figuring out what colored gear would look good with the tri-color. Seems like white has a strong presence on the bike...

It doesn't have to be all 3 colors.. I could settle with white/red or something as well. However I do wish the brand be the same all throughout my gear (aside from Helmet, this can be a diff brand).

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nobody else can tell you what gear fits you, and thats all that matters.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody else can tell you what gear fits you, and thats all that matters.
Yes, I already think for myself, but it still would be nice to know if there's any particular brands that have matching colors that compliment the tri-color.. That would be a good start.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Try Alpinestars. Alot of dudes wear them. They also carry the colors you mentioned. For myself, I wear several different brands, from helmet to boots as they all haven't different fits.

·
1,305 Posts
if you have a cyclegear near you ( or cyclegear.com) i know they have a line of gears that has some colors to it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have two Cycle Gears in my city.. I went to one already and they were wiped out in all my sizes in everything I liked. I'll have to check out the other.. Alpinestars does seem like a quality brand though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
^ +1 to A* stuff. I have the GP Plus jacket and A-10 leather/textile pants from them. Top in white/red and bottom in black. Pretty sweet stuff. Its a lot about fit but once you find a good euro size that fits then its all about style... and then well... riding :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Look online at the brands with the colors you like, then go try them out in your size in any color they have. Place order for stuff in size that fit properly in the color you want. Wait a week or three for delivery. Profit!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What im confused about.. is I don't understand all the different styles of jackets out there.. How am I supposed to know if it's too heavy for summer, not heavy enough for winter, etc? Or maybe one of those jackets that can have it's interior lining removed to go lighter is something I need. I live in north Florida, so it can get down to the 30s for some time.. I didn't really want to deal with two sets of gear, figured there might be a happy medium for summer and winter confort.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Diversion, up here we deal with it all.. from sub-zero temperatures at times in the winter, to our share of 90F+ days in the summer. I went with a lightweight mesh jacket with zip-out windproof liner and armor in the elbows. When I know it's going to be cold, or it's cold when I'm leaving, just dress in layers.

When I was trucking it out to the MSF course on 45F mornings, I left wearing a thermal base layer, a t-shirt, and a fleece jacket under my riding jacket. For the 75F ride home, the base layer, fleece, and liner went in my tank bag.

Layers are your friend. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
What im confused about.. is I don't understand all the different styles of jackets out there.. How am I supposed to know if it's too heavy for summer, not heavy enough for winter, etc? Or maybe one of those jackets that can have it's interior lining removed to go lighter is something I need. I live in north Florida, so it can get down to the 30s for some time.. I didn't really want to deal with two sets of gear, figured there might be a happy medium for summer and winter confort.
Start by asking some of the staff at the stores what they do/would wear in the weather scenarios. You'll be able to easily tell who's just trying to sell you crap and who actually rides in all weathers. They should be able to give some good feedback on what you should be looking for. If they're pointing to a full leather, non-perforated jacket when you ask about summer riding, ask someone else.

If you're going to be riding year round, a mesh/textile jacket with a removable liner would probably serve well. If it gets too cold you could just throw on another shirt or two. Another thing you're going to have to decide on is a snug, race cut fit (Dainese type) or a relaxed fit ("American cut" types). If you go for a race cut it'll be much more snug and have much less room for layers underneath for colder weather.

As for colors, I have no idea about tri-color options. I have a black 250 so it's easy to pick a color and go with it for that. The BiLT stuff is pretty colorful, and so is a lot of the A*s line.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Held Phantom gloves come in red, white, and blue if I recall. Top of the line racing gloves though and I'm not sure what kind you're looking for. That's a start. Bell RS-1 from sportbiketrackgear comes in American flag color scheme.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts