Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Finally another 250. Im gettin tired of people talking about the ninja and cbr. Id rather Cbr vs. Triumph. Single cyl rocks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Competition is always good, wouldn't be surprised if more companies started to jump on the market for lower displacement bikes. Would be interesting to see how a 350cc bike would perform according to that article. It might appeal to more buyers who want a little more power, but dont want to up to a 600cc class or get a used bike of that displacement.

·
Registered
278 Posts
KISS - Keep it simple stupid

Being a simple chappie, I never really got the point of mega cc's, cylinders and kg's/lbs. Fastinating, but in the end they just complicate life.

Yes, competition is good, and singles rock.

The CBR250R is a keeper for me. But the kick in the pants that a performance liter bike gives is unlike any other street legal vehicle experience that there is. If it's not one's cup of tea, then it's a waste. But if one wants it, it's the only way to get it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The CBR250R is a keeper for me. But the kick in the pants that a performance liter bike gives is unlike any other street legal vehicle experience that there is. If it's not one's cup of tea, then it's a waste. But if one wants it, it's the only way to get it.
Been there, done that with bigger bikes.... to be comfortable (and have a reasonable chance of surviving a mishap) at those speeds you need to wear too much gear for my liking. I have done 100 mph without a helmet; it gets a bit noisy.

As you suggest, each to their own, but for me motorcycling is sensual. 45 to 55 mph on a back road wearing an open face helmet, enjoying the smells and feel of the environment does it for me. There are thrills aplenty to be had on a twisty byway, a dirt road, or off road (though the last is not CBR territory), that can be discovered without having massive power on tap...... Power that is best utilised on boring highways, all togged up (might as well be in a car I reckon). Or on a track.

Besides, for me, and most where I live at present, motorcycles are primarily practical transport, not just a hobby. For that, litre bikes don't cut it any more than a Ferrari would for the average Joe in the west.

As Aufitt says, the possible single from Triumph is not a direct competitor, but it is a definate alternative in a sector of the market that seems to be just coming alive again after years of being almost ignored.

·
Registered
278 Posts

As you suggest, each to their own, but for me motorcycling is sensual. 45 to 55 mph on a back road wearing an open face helmet, enjoying the smells and feel of the environment does it for me. There are thrills aplenty to be had on a twisty byway, a dirt road, or off road (though the last is not CBR territory), that can be discovered without having massive power on tap...... Power that is best utilised on boring highways, all togged up (might as well be in a car I reckon). Or on a track.

Here I have to agree.. The 250 is the perfect bike for the 45-55-60 backroad.. When the road gets tight the 250 is pure pleasure where a bigger bike's size (weight and wheelbase) detracts from the experience..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts