Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Try the "Ignore List"

11K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  etiainen 
#1 ·
I started using it and recommend it.

I haven't posted much recently but have been reading regularly.
There are some aspects of motorcycling that other people enjoy that are quite valid but not my cup of tea. I keep an open mind and like reading some of those posts. Also, I am happy those people are enjoying themselves.
BUT -
Occasionally I realized that I had wasted some time by being sucked in to a thread that was just someone's piss fuelled rant, cry for attention, or endless advice that was complete nonsense. Not interested.
As an example - remember "Streetsville CBR Guy"? (Arguably out most embarrassing Canadian.) On my Ignore List. Not even sure if he is still around, but will never see another word he posts - perfect.
I have since added one more (Madd Trapper you might want to try it :D).
Now, I wonder if there is an Ignore Thread list? Anyone know? Aufitt? ;)

#3 ·
I guess....

but the amusement value is just too good.

I may miss one of streets' posts. They're gems.:p
Not if you were consistently called an FOB.....and that was the "nice" things he said about me. He was offensive and makes Redline and M-T look like ***** cats

#9 ·
Maybe so. I have laugh at myself, though. First time he posted it, I thought he was calling her a F*cked Up B*tch until I realized that 'Up' is spelled with a U. LOL (I'm an idiot sometimes)

#11 ·
LOL. All in the past anyways. Haven't lost a wink of sleep over it.....after I cried my heart out, got a prescription for Valium, under went post traumatic stress therapy and blamed ALL my sensitivity and issues on the 'rents:eek:. I'm good to go now lol:D

#14 ·
Who was that other one before streeter?.. ya know the the basement dweller a few months ago.
now he was good for keeping the popcorn flowing.

We shd ask The Madd One, he shared hot pockets with him and his mother in the basement:D I remember that dude. Lotsa laughs

#17 ·
Don't do that yet, Aufitt. Perhaps you could try some yoga first. Besides, I haven't even put a dent in my overstock of "Dry, Sometimes Tasteless, Often Good For A Belly Laugh, Bizarre Humor".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MILPDS: Motorcycles I'd Like to Plasti Dip Someday

#15 ·
I know who you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. He kept coming back when his user names were kicked off the site, resgistering as a new user. It was easy to figure out that it was him because he always started off talking about what a wonderful guy the OP was.... We finally started banning IP addresses and I guess he ran out of computers to use.

#16 ·
I enjoy Aufitt's posts :mad:

#18 ·
Just added the #1 troll on this board.

#20 ·
Well, you are after all the King Of Plasti Dip... seems logical that you would have the #1 plate on the grid at the Plasti Dip Grand Prix. BTY, do you think you could get me a pit pass? I just want to check out all the MILPDS... What happens to MILPDS when you drool on them?

#26 ·
Normally I am a huge suck. I used to feel really bad for Dudeman. However, his attitude, language and lack of sensitivity leaves me feeling NOT so sad after all. He contradicts his principles and values by his own actions and foul language. IMO what he has to contibute has devalued in my eyes:cool:

#34 ·
Thx Luke. Teasing can be fun, a spirited debate can be fun, but Streets racist and bigoted comments are offensive. Thx for removing the posts. I had the misfortune to see them:(

#47 ·
Im just a bystander but i have read back into some of Streetville's posts and looks like you all were attacking him.

There were even a few post where you guys threatened to kill him because he likes his bike.

I just joined this forum today and wondering if this is the kind of behaiour, criminal death treats that this forum condones?

very interesting

#36 ·
Actually, there have only been two people banned since I started moderating. And Streetsville is welcome back after a week, provided he wants to contribute.

There are a number of issues we have to address. First, a lot of people (including me) visit this forum from work. There are companies who make a living providing lists of questionable web sites to businesses, who use them to restrict employee access. The crawlers use a variety of search criteria, and the posts that were deleted contained racist and sexist comments.

Second is that this forum is here to provide a community for people that enjoy this motorcycle. Some members are more vocal and confrontational than others, but it's wrong to let a few type-A personalities silence people who might otherwise add a lot to the conversation.

Last but not least, nobody except "Administrator" moderates this forum for income. Nothing would make me (and I'm sure the other moderators) happier than coming here to listen to other's stories and just be members rather than to defuse the latest bomb.

I'm not perfect - I've admitted that on multiple occasions. If you think I've been too heavy-handed on anything I've done, please let me know. If you do that and subsequently feel I ignored you or are still wrong, write the "Administrator" - he has a different motive for being involved with the site and may rule in your favor. No hard feelings either way.

#38 ·
Thank you so much Luke! Part of me wishes I could have seen his idiotic posts but part of me is glad I didn't.

#40 ·
^ exactly!!!

#42 ·
"This message is hidden because feliz is on your ignore list."

#44 ·
Nah..LOL...now maybe if the Canucks and Blackhawks had advanced in the playoffs and played each other.....But that didn't happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.