Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
It's cheap. It's made here in Thailand by a semi-reputable company.

I would be very surprised if it has been dyno'd or R+D'd.

Probably gives and increase in sound and a decrease in mid-range performance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on resetting the ECU. Someone is Thailand has a new tsukigi system for sale on the parts for sale forum and I was just curious as to the quality, etc. They have it priced at 170 USD. I watched a youtube video of the system on a cbr250 and it actually sounds good.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I have a similar full system, a Nambaan, it was a bit more expensive, quality is fine, sounds great, but it killed the performance.

You have to remember that cheap pipes made in places like Thailand aren't designed, R+D'd, tuned or specifically built to give the bike better performance. They're just put together, fit on the bike and are sold.

You will never see them sold with a dyno. I wonder why....

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I can't say, I've never ridden with one. I've seen them on other models and they look well built for the price.

But ask yourself, is it likely a cheap pipe has been tested and tuned and dyno'd on that specific bike? If it has, where is the dyno?

None of these cheap pipes ever come with them, why is that? Any company that sells full systems for a $150 that actually improves performance, as opposed to losing it and doesn't spend $25 on a dyno to show the gains (it should have been dyno'd numerous time during development and tuning anyway) has big question marks over it in my view.

That's not an attack on this pipe, just a general view over cheap pipes that don't offer any data or dyno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts