Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instrument panel turn indicator lights are insufficient to get my attention during the day. I want to install additional LEDs.
Taking the signal from the front turn lights, so close and accessable to the instrument panel, hives me two voltages, running lights low, and turn lights higher. Is there a way to isolate the turn signal, the higher voltage, or do I have to resort to taping the rear turn signal circuits and running wires up to the front?
I tried a range of zener diodes but was unsuccessful
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi DanoXYZ
Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately the instrument panel location is at the edge of my field of vision. I want to mount another LED up on the edge of the wind screen where I can't miss it.
But thanks!
M

·
Registered
35 Posts
Use original LED signal from instrument panel to drive your 2nd remote-LED. If it doesn't provide enough current, use SSR to drive it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use original LED signal from instrument panel to drive your 2nd remote-LED. If it doesn't provide enough current, use SSR to drive it.
Thanks.
Question is, where is easy access to that signal. I don't want to take out panel to get it. Last resort, rear turn lights. May be a connector closer up front. Will have to look around.
Again, thanks.
M

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, simplest is just to tap into rear turn-signal. No need to deal with multi-voltage signal or cracking dash open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts