Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Purchased a set of mirrors with turn signals on the front face and arrows behind the mirror glass, So the install went well, wiring went well, But the great thing about the cbr250r is the front turn signals are always on.... and indicate when needed. This is great for the front of the mirror s, but the Arrows in the mirrors glass is always light for me to see, and get brighter and signal when indicating. Any solutions to having the mirrors only come on ONLY when indicating?

I Noticed the backs do not light up until indicating.. should i be running sets of wires to the rear turn signals or is there a better way?

·
Registered
17 Posts
when you say cbr250r? what year? and is it abs or non abs? and is the an MC41 or other? as i will be able to help you alot more with those answered :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought we all rode the same bike??? lol Kidding, my bad guys, 2013 cbr250r non abs,

·
Registered
141 Posts
..I Noticed the backs do not light up until indicating.. should i be running sets of wires to the rear turn signals or is there a better way?
I think that is a good idea. You could easily run some test wires back there (without all the effort of routing the wires through the bike) to try it out.

Actually you might be able to find & tap into those wires up front somewhere. But for an easy test I would just run long wires from one of your mirrors to one of the rear indicators and try it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great idea zirconx, I know it will work, from the rear blinkers, but I do believe i can tap into them under the seat rather then going to the tail of the bike. Ill be looking into it tomorrow, Seems like the easiest option is to run new wires, Super simple anyways, Any other ideas or solutions will be much appreciated before i tackle this fun little project tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great idea zirconx, I know it will work, from the rear blinkers, but I do believe i can tap into them under the seat rather then going to the tail of the bike.
ive split the wires into two parts under seat and rear tail wiring

all wires listed are under seat:
plain orange and the plain blue wire is the left and right turn signal wires

you will also have a single brown wire this is +
a plain green wire is -

the brake light wires are the 2x green wires. one is plain green other is green with yellow stripe. both of those are in a 2x1 pinbox

the rubber rain coat clovers those this will also have the red junction box for resetting code for the ECM

from the rear tail of bike the wires are as follows

Right / left turn signal:
blue + green - for the right turn globe
the green splits from the right globe and earths the left turn globe the orange is+

Brake / Tail light:
the green wire for the brake light also splits off the right turn globe being ground - the positive brown and the ground for the tail light is green with yellow strip

Licence light:
the brown + splits from brake light the ground is green -

ill load photos and a wire diagram when i have more time later today :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think that is a good idea. You could easily run some test wires back there (without all the effort of routing the wires through the bike) to try it out.

Actually you might be able to find & tap into those wires up front somewhere. But for an easy test I would just run long wires from one of your mirrors to one of the rear indicators and try it.
Too bad, using your rear signals for source, you would lose the running lights on the front. The fronts are on all the time for a reason, conspicuity. There is a slight chance that someone turning left in front of you might see you with additional lights up front.

A better idea would be to drop some (probably not so) sophisticated electronics inside the mirrors to separate the forward facing lights and the rearward.

You don't want to know my personal opinion of this modification...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Too bad, using your rear signals for source, you would lose the running lights on the front. The fronts are on all the time for a reason
you make a very good point there..

the other option is open up the mirrors and cut the forward facing wires from inside the mirror case and run those to your bikes turning signal dash wires so it will show there not on the mirrors.
or if the dash lights still work as normal just terminate the forward facing wires or pull the globe if you can

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Still have my Stock signals on the front, and added mirror signals as an extra, so my front lights are still always on.. but the mirrors dont need to be on all the time, i am not changing the bikes workings only adding to it..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the wiring write up, the idea of the arrows being light all the time, is at night i dont want people thinking im changing lanes because both mirrors have arrows light, lol

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I Still have my Stock signals on the front, and added mirror signals as an extra, so my front lights are still always on.. but the mirrors dont need to be on all the time, i am not changing the bikes workings only adding to it..
So you are not ready to add a rear facing camera? [/wink]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The MAIN reason for getting the blinkers in the Mirrors on my vision side, was for a Reminder because i used to be terrible with leaving blinkers on.. Not anymore tho, now i like the extra signal tho, i havent re wired yet because I ride during the day and u can barley see the arrows in the mirror, until blinker applies full power. I laid the mirrors side by side, the stock mirror was longer by a tiny bit, but i just put the mirrors out more, which makes them kinda lower, much shaper looking and im very happy with them, I will wire them to the back when im not lazy ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I purchased on eBay indicator warning light and buzzer, come with three wires. Earth and one wire for each indicator side. These are fitted with diodes and with no feedback of current each side works individually. Fitted to all my bikes to stop the accidental of leaving indicators flashing. Excellent safety device.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which wires do I use to run my turn signal headlights ?? .. I don’t see a brown wire
777AB542-8CE5-4EE1-9BB5-8F7601F5771C.jpeg

ive split the wires into two parts under seat and rear tail wiring

all wires listed are under seat:
plain orange and the plain blue wire is the left and right turn signal wires

you will also have a single brown wire this is +
a plain green wire is -

the brake light wires are the 2x green wires. one is plain green other is green with yellow stripe. both of those are in a 2x1 pinbox

the rubber rain coat clovers those this will also have the red junction box for resetting code for the ECM

from the rear tail of bike the wires are as follows

Right / left turn signal:
blue + green - for the right turn globe
the green splits from the right globe and earths the left turn globe the orange is+

Brake / Tail light:
the green wire for the brake light also splits off the right turn globe being ground - the positive brown and the ground for the tail light is green with yellow strip

Licence light:
the brown + splits from brake light the ground is green -

ill load photos and a wire diagram when i have more time later today :)

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
You're looking in wrong spot, that's starter-solenoid.

Take tank off and find wires going to front turn-signal lights. Ignore brown wire as it's always-on for marker lights.

green = ground
blue = right turn-signal +
orange = left turn-signal +

1 - 18 of 18 Posts