Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can i know the exact location of the Turn Signal Flasher Relay, need to replace this with the Signal Minder Unit(Automatic Turn Signal Cancellation)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is shown pictorially on page 102, item 15 of the Parts catalogue Mongoose posted in his thread 'My Poor Baby' (p.5).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is shown pictorially on page 102, item 15 of the Parts catalogue Mongoose posted in his thread 'My Poor Baby' (p.5).

Agreed, i already had a look on this one,however i want to know the actual physical location on the bike wherein this stuff is located.

e.g: under the LH fairing or RH fairing etc etc.

i will only disassemble/remove the relevant fairing in order to swap the stock relay with the new unit.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
control module

The turn signals are controlled by an electronic module which also supplies a reduced voltage to the front for daytime running. It can't be swapped.
Agreed, i already had a look on this one,however i want to know the actual physical location on the bike wherein this stuff is located.

e.g: under the LH fairing or RH fairing etc etc.

i will only disassemble/remove the relevant fairing in order to swap the stock relay with the new unit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The turn signals are controlled by an electronic module which also supplies a reduced voltage to the front for daytime running. It can't be swapped.
Biggest load of **** ever.

The relay is stached on the left hand side under the instrument cluster.

I have tried and failed to remove it with out dropping the nose and removing the instrument cluster.

You have to remove both left and right farings, drop the nose by taking one bolt out and letting it rest ont he front fender, then you need to remove the instrument surround.

Then you can access the relay.

It uses some strange 3 pin relay with a intermixed connector. I found some on ebay once for LED use they were upwards of $80.

I would jsut use ballast resistors in parallel to the LED lights.

If you check out my install thread of the R&G racing fender eliminator you will see my ballast resistor wiring job

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Huh?

Biggest load of **** ever.
Excuse me! I'm looking at the schematic which shows a module with 7 wires plugged into it. The front turn signal bulbs are 7507 type. One filament. They use a normal ground that is common with the headlight. The running lights are dimmer than the turn signals and are lit by a lower voltage from the control unit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Excuse me! I'm looking at the schematic which shows a module with 7 wires plugged into it. The front turn signal bulbs are 7507 type. One filament. They use a normal ground that is common with the headlight. The running lights are dimmer than the turn signals and are lit by a lower voltage from the control unit.
:)

Exactly.

Macca: Notice that there are only two wires going to the front lamps. How else do you get two different intensities unless you control the voltage?

Magic?

:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have personally REMOVED the flasher unit as asked by the OP.

Post a picture of the diagram for me so I can see whats confusing you.

Also they dont have running lights at all. They are 2 parker lights the small ones, and you normal high low beam

Maybe we have different set ups, mines an aussie one, My light dont have a switch on them at all, low beam and parker lights are aleay on no matter what.

Could be some differences there

but hey post the wiring diagram for me.

Oh and you will find the "running lights" are dimmer as they fit a dimmer element into them, They fit a higher resistance filament which will pull less current making the light dimmer.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well I do own you an apology, We have way different setup on out bikes, Due to the different markets. I thought they would have used the same system, but I assumed wrong and made an ass of me lol.

In Australia, our turn signals, the only light that comes out of them is then they flash.

We have a 3 pin turn signal relay. The switch feeds into it then to the lights.

And I have a pic of the one used on the Aussie bike.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Regulations

We have way different setup on out bikes, Due to the different markets. I thought they would have used the same system, In Australia, our turn signals, the only light that comes out of them is when they flash.
Must be different countries allow or don't allow the extra use of the front turn signals as running lights. I am in the process of modding mine further to act as the blasters with a Skene flicker module using yellow, 6 degree leds to make my own high brightness bulb replacements. I could just use the nice off the shelf yellow led bulbs I have in there now but they don't blast in the daylight nearly as much as the Skene light units which I should be able to surpass even while fitting neatly into the stock lenses. The Skene Designs IQ-150-TS module will also be used through diodes to add conspicuity flicker to my led tail light ("the Braker") and ultra bright plate light which was changed to a powerful led down firing dome light bulb. I bought a bag of red leds to make bulbs to mod the rear turn signals to 1157 type two level tail/ turn function but after seeing how much visibility the ultra bright plate light adds, I may not bother with that which would be a lot more work changing the sockets and wiring from single to double.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks guys for the info.
this would be an upcoming project for next sunday.
I cant count how many times Ive driven with turn signal on. Maybe my only complaint (and it is minor) about this bike. Let us know how it goes please!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts