Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
The turn signals are controlled by an electronic module which also supplies a reduced voltage to the front for daytime running. It can't be swapped.
Biggest load of **** ever.

The relay is stached on the left hand side under the instrument cluster.

I have tried and failed to remove it with out dropping the nose and removing the instrument cluster.

You have to remove both left and right farings, drop the nose by taking one bolt out and letting it rest ont he front fender, then you need to remove the instrument surround.

Then you can access the relay.

It uses some strange 3 pin relay with a intermixed connector. I found some on ebay once for LED use they were upwards of $80.

I would jsut use ballast resistors in parallel to the LED lights.

If you check out my install thread of the R&G racing fender eliminator you will see my ballast resistor wiring job

· Registered
319 Posts
I have personally REMOVED the flasher unit as asked by the OP.

Post a picture of the diagram for me so I can see whats confusing you.

Also they dont have running lights at all. They are 2 parker lights the small ones, and you normal high low beam

Maybe we have different set ups, mines an aussie one, My light dont have a switch on them at all, low beam and parker lights are aleay on no matter what.

Could be some differences there

but hey post the wiring diagram for me.

Oh and you will find the "running lights" are dimmer as they fit a dimmer element into them, They fit a higher resistance filament which will pull less current making the light dimmer.

· Registered
319 Posts
Well I do own you an apology, We have way different setup on out bikes, Due to the different markets. I thought they would have used the same system, but I assumed wrong and made an ass of me lol.

In Australia, our turn signals, the only light that comes out of them is then they flash.

We have a 3 pin turn signal relay. The switch feeds into it then to the lights.

And I have a pic of the one used on the Aussie bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.