Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought my used cbr 250r and suddenly have discovered that turn signal swith is absolutely stiff and nearly impossible to operate. I tried to grease it without success. Have this dissasambled and I think that this switch have to be replaced. The question is: can I buy this single switch (original or compatible) or should I buy whole lefty handlebar thing? (see pic attached).
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,020 Posts
I'd first try a spray can of electrical contact cleaner. It worked for me on a Honda NX250's shutoff switch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I 2nd the contact cleaner, another switch from a Honda might work as well. If not Bikebandit.com has the whole switch/horn headlight switch assy but it’s about $60

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have bought my used cbr 250r and suddenly have discovered that turn signal swith is absolutely stiff and nearly impossible to operate. I tried to grease it without success. Have this dissasambled and I think that this switch have to be replaced. The question is: can I buy this single switch (original or compatible) or should I buy whole lefty handlebar thing? (see pic attached).
Thanks in advance. View attachment 44296
Try WD40 spray lots of it and leave it overnight and check next day if not done then worst case scenario change that whole assembly on the handle bar

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you cant get the switch to free up and you want to buy a new one Partzilla is the best place. You cant buy just the switch but you can get the whole control cluster for the left bar.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It's just old gunky grease. Clean it out with contact cleaner/WD40 and put some dielectric grease back in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wipe off the previous grease thoroughly, grease only adds to the mess. Use WD40 or any other electrical contact cleaner and give the switches a good thumb wrestle of the switches left and right, a minute perhaps. It should smoothen out. Wipe off the excess and apply little vaseline or petroleum jelly and install everything back.

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts