Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been noticing the turn signal being harder to push in when canceling turn signal. I have been thinking of using like a CRC electric contact cleaner and then maybe Belray 6 in 1 lube or 3 in 1 in aerosol.

I just don't know if I should just spray in the hole/slit or if I should take it apart? If I take it apart I don't want any springs and plastic pieces flying at me.

I am open to suggestions! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Try just spraying c. cleaner through the red tube in the existing opening; if that doesn't do it, then open the clamshell.

Reactions: oldguy50+

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
I unscrewed the two screws, opened the shell, and saw that the mechanism was too complicated to start disassembling it when attached to the handlebars and tied to the cable. Those who want to disassemble(LINK), clean the parts from the old grease, clean electrical contacts, reassemble and grease...need to follow the cable, disconnect the connector, and work on a tray for not to lose small parts. Need to take a photo before to know how to put all the parts back in place.
The easy way: I sprayed grease, from a *GREASE spray container, straight into the moving components, into the connections and moving hinges. A really small amount, I wiped off the remains, and that's it. Now it works Smooth(Everything is relative, because the spring of the mechanism is relatively strong).
*Contact cleaning spray, or a light oil like WD-40 will give solution, but in the long run they will increase abrasion and shorten the life of the switch.

The following videos is for reference:
CBR 929 RR Fireblade
2003 Honda Shadow Ace 750 - Fix Sticky Turn Signal
Video for professionals:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts