Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprisingly I did not find this tutorial anywhere, it's not too hard except for the circlip. a circlips is a circular, C shaped clip, it requires a circlip tool, or in my case making it my b%$#%!#ch.

step1
see the photos, you need to remove the 2 bolts holding the right side rearset. I used a metric allen socket that said 6 on it, maybe that means 6mm? its all in the pics to be clear.

step2
flip it over and you will see everything connected to the actual pedal. 2 springs that you need to remove with pliers, there is a rubber boot around one of the springs, i didn't realize the boot fell down so its covering up where it connects to the pedal, but its easy to figure out.

step3
theres one retaining pin/cam thing being held in place via cotter pin, just use pliers to unwind the cotter pin and remove it with the pliers. you can reuse the cotter pin or buy a new one if you want.

step4
the most difficult part is the circlip. behind it is a washer. to get the circlip off i used 2 flathead screwdrivers and used fulcrum power to force it off. it wasn't easy. to get it back on was hard. i didn't know it required a circlip plier looking tool. I didn't want to pay $10 for something i'll never use again. i finally got it on by using a micro screwdriver with a tiny star shaped bit and put it inside one of the holes. i used pliers to brute force that sonof a b%[email protected]#h back on. it bend the clip and i used the pliers to hammer it straight.

*note, the circlip and washer have a smooth and flat side, i'm detailed so i put the smooth side on where there will be moving parts rubbing on it. that means the flat side faces outwards, away from the moving part that will rub on the smooth side.

if you don't have willpower or patience you better get the tool. also dont forget to clean the moving parts with a paper towel and re grease using molybdenum grease, sold at o'reillys or maybe autozone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want this Pars order now,,,, Footpeg And rear brake pedal full sets,,,,my whatsapp number,,,+919733644548

1 - 3 of 3 Posts