Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have had these off so many times I thought I would put togther a brief tutorial on how to get them off.

Start by removing the fairing by undoing the 3 Alan Screws. the visable one on the fairing itself, one under near the headlight and the other down near the belly pan. Once all three are undone then give the Fairing a bit of a tug and it should come off. Disconnect the indicator by unplugging the wires (dont forget the match the colours back up when putting it back on)

Remove the back seat too exspose the alan bolts holding the front seat on. Remove these and take the front seat off.

Undo the 2 bolts that are holding the small back fairing on.

Once the 2 bolts are removed you will need to pop the fairing clip out from under the tail. Remeber to push into the center of the clip and then it will come out.

Once the clip is out you will be able pull the back fairing out enough to get to the alan bolt holding the panel in.

Remove the visable alan bolt on the panel and youre done. Give it a good pull and it will come off.

Hope this helps. Im not a expert by any means however this is the way I do it and it take very little time.

Any updates welcome:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
one thing I don't like in the 3-colour scheme is the red front fender.
They should have put it blue, as the tank.

anyway,good work with the tutorial!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
What is that case next to your allen wrench bag? I have nothing besides the bag, but it always seemd the area was designed to hold another item.
the rest of the world gets a full tool kit in that bag, not just an allen key (you US riders got ripped there) space was designed to take a U shape bike lock.

Wow only 3 screws hold the whole fairing on? Are there any clips that have to be dissconnected?
there are three clips on the front fairings.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The three clips are all at the top. The front most one near the turn signal can be a pain the first couple of times.

Good write up Boonty. Good pics too.
I LOVE that blue/red/white color scheme. So much nicer in my opinion than what we in the States got.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I LOVE that blue/red/white color scheme. So much nicer in my opinion than what we in the States got.
It's coming to the states next year, if you're up for a trade-in.

Not to go too much further off-topic, but: on the tri-color model, is the V-shape "swoosh" just a decal or is it actual paint? If the former, I think it would look rather nice (or at least different) to remove the decals and paint the wheel fender blue.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nah, I've already bonded with my bike. I can't/won't trade her in for a younger, prettier one :)

If I win the Lotto I'll just buy the tank, fender & panels. Plastic surgery for motorcycles.

In the meantime, I'll just quietly covet Boonty's bike :D

·
Registered
92 Posts

Not to go too much further off-topic, but: on the tri-color model, is the V-shape "swoosh" just a decal or is it actual paint? If the former, I think it would look rather nice (or at least different) to remove the decals and paint the wheel fender blue.
I believe the fairings just have stickers but the tank ones are clear coated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks a lot for this tutorial. Can I just clarify a couple things before I try this, is 'the fairing clip under the tail' the little button looking thing towards the side?

Also is it an identical process taking off the other side (with the lock being there). My panel is scratched so i'd like to replace it.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks a lot for this tutorial. Can I just clarify a couple things before I try this, is 'the fairing clip under the tail' the little button looking thing towards the side?

Also is it an identical process taking off the other side (with the lock being there). My panel is scratched so i'd like to replace it.

Thanks a lot
Same thing. Just have to wiggle and twist the lock around before it will come off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts