Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great, I may have to look into one because Rolling the bike around the garage floor is a PITA!

·
1,305 Posts
Great, I may have to look into one because Rolling the bike around the garage floor is a PITA!

If rear wheel stands are not your thing, you can always get a helping hand and have a friend/wife lean the bike on the side stand

·
Registered
296 Posts
If rear wheel stands are not your thing, you can always get a helping hand and have a friend/wife lean the bike on the side stand
Yeah my wife helps me because if she didnt i wouldnt oil her chain on her 250 lol But im looking into rear wheel stands because i desperatly need one just trying to find one that does the job and doesnt cost a more then it should. It's not like im wanting it to hold a school bus loaded with children. lol Its a small bike i dont need military grade metal explosion resistant and water proof up to 1377 ft.

Im looking to spend 60-80 bucks and cant find a dang thing!:(

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a similar one, from Loobman. It's been awhile so I don't remember what went wrong, but I wasn't convinced it was doing the job and removed it a week later. It's gotten lots of positive reviews elsewhere, though.

Anyways, the Loobman model is cheaper and looks like the same mechanism as the Tutoro, so maybe it is an easier way to test this concept out for those interested.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a similar one, from Loobman. It's been awhile so I don't remember what went wrong, but I wasn't convinced it was doing the job and removed it a week later. It's gotten lots of positive reviews elsewhere, though.

Anyways, the Loobman model is cheaper and looks like the same mechanism as the Tutoro, so maybe it is an easier way to test this concept out for those interested.
I did have a look at the Loobman, but you need to push the button to feed oil to the chain. The Tutoro is fully automatic. Just fill it up and forget, until it needs more oil. Less hassle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in the process of fitting a PDOiler mini

PD Oiler - home

I'm posting my progress here

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-...ub-pdoiler-mini-installation-coming-soon.html

Just got to figure out the routing of the tubing to the feeder unit (where the oil drips onto the chain).

I had a manual Tutoro oiler on my last bike. I didn't like the way the oil was fed onto the rear sprocket. The tubes kept being blown off the sprocket by the turbulent air. It did work to some degree though and it was better than nothing.

David.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd be careful ordering from these guys. They've got a bad rep with Web Of Trust.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This turned up today. It took me about 3/4 of an hour to fit, and was pretty easy to do, following the online instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SewI9Ud9Ang&list=PL0AYtp6qgnPlN61oWkNrZx5ZSuFChXEus&index=1

And here it is fitted. Just a bit of trial and error to get the flow rate right, and we're good. ;)

Stupid question... Does it stay on the bike even when riding and what not? and what happens if you are riding around and it runs out oil?
Sorry still new to bikes and there maintenance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks, consider me educated! Well at least on this issue:p I'm sure ill have more mundane questions in the future you can count on that :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Long time no visit.

I bought one of these for my old 250 Ninja. The valve never worked properly, either nothing or a freaking mess, no amount of dinking with it ever got it to work properly.

At least it was a cheap lesson.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts