Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duh herro CBR bros. :D

I'm getting my 2012 Black ABS in 2 weeks and deciding to ride it stock for at least 3 months before any mods. I hate to admit it, but I'm a newb rider and I just want to work on technique during this period. So all of you guys who are about to tell me to work on technique before modding my bike, I'm giving myself 3 months, k? :p

Out of sheer interest and impatience though, I already have the idea of slapping on the Two Brothers V.A.L.E. slip-on and installing the Bazzaz Z-Fi box after.

My justification for these two is to save weight/a little more HP/Torque/be louder (for safety reasons primarily, but not as loud as a Yoshi) with the slip-on, and more HP/Torque/smoother throttle with the FI box.

Do you guys think this is a good combo? If not, please explain why, list other product suggestions, better mods, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do what makes YOU happy. But.....
My bike came with a morowaki pipe, a year ago, so it's loud enough. The only mod I've done is stainless brake lines.
The only thing on MY to do list is try and dampen that pogo stick we call front suspension. Was going to get a race tech front end. But might try playing with oil weight/springs first, because I'm a tightass.
In my opinion price per gain on a piggyback ecu isn't worth the money. Especially considering how much, 1-3 hp and torque improvement is about best from memory. Though I'm sure someone will chime in with exact figures.
Best mod is your bum on that seat and "Kevin curtains twist of the wrist" when you can't put your bum on it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My bike came with a morowaki pipe, a year ago, so it's loud enough. The only mod I've done is stainless brake lines.
The only thing on MY to do list is try and dampen that pogo stick we call front suspension. Was going to get a race tech front end. But might try playing with oil weight/springs first, because I'm a tightass.
In my opinion price per gain on a piggyback ecu isn't worth the money. Especially considering how much, 1-3 hp and torque improvement is about best from memory. Though I'm sure someone will chime in with exact figures.
Best mod is your bum on that seat and "Kevin curtains twist of the wrist" when you can't put your bum on it.
There is a reason for everyone saying don't mod learn technique. Cause it'll save your life and make you get the most out of the bike you have. After all riding a sport orientated bike is all about technique. The fun bit is improving it every time you ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My bum is currently being worked on. :D My first bike mod, and I don't even have the bike yet!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Duh herro CBR bros. :D

I'm getting my 2012 Black ABS in 2 weeks and deciding to ride it stock for at least 3 months before any mods. I hate to admit it, but I'm a newb rider and I just want to work on technique during this period. So all of you guys who are about to tell me to work on technique before modding my bike, I'm giving myself 3 months, k? :p

Out of sheer interest and impatience though, I already have the idea of slapping on the Two Brothers V.A.L.E. slip-on and installing the Bazzaz Z-Fi box after.

My justification for these two is to save weight/a little more HP/Torque/be louder (for safety reasons primarily, but not as loud as a Yoshi) with the slip-on, and more HP/Torque/smoother throttle with the FI box.

Do you guys think this is a good combo? If not, please explain why, list other product suggestions, better mods, etc. Thanks!
I've got the 2Bros M2 slip on. Check out my album for some pics.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you mod the bike a little like steel break lines, tipping the front 3-4 cm, better mirrors for safer lane changes and view, rear suspension in the hardest, stronger lights and stickier tires, you can learn the 'technique' much more better, easier and safer. these will not cost you something significant either.
Regarding ecu, dynojet one is not working for sure and there is a possibility of other brands are not working as well. But, if your bum cannot wait, go with something other then dynojet pc.
Any pipe is Ok.
And, good luck man, safe rides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two bros

I have the Two brothers and wow I love it. Its a lot better than the stock. 3rd-4th is the best gear when you redline.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a reason for everyone saying don't mod learn technique. Cause it'll save your life and make you get the most out of the bike you have. After all riding a sport orientated bike is all about technique. The fun bit is improving it every time you ride.
LOL Do you realize what you're typing? Adding 3 hp isn't gonna go from safe as can be to life threatening. :rolleyes: Sure focus on the riding, there's enough things to get sorted out when learning, but pretending that a few more horsepower is going to cause him to lose his life? Hilarious.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LOL Do you realize what you're typing? Adding 3 hp isn't gonna go from safe as can be to life threatening. :rolleyes: Sure focus on the riding, there's enough things to get sorted out when learning, but pretending that a few more horsepower is going to cause him to lose his life? Hilarious.

+1:D

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
2 Bros have had some quality issues, and their customer service is non-existent.

Do a search on here for a thread about them from about a month ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to say... 2bros was one of the last options on my list. I just had some doubts about the quality of the product...

An aftermarket exhaust for a 250cc single will not make you safer buddy.

Learning how to ride like people can't see you - that will make you safer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts