Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Two Brothers M-2 Black exhaust. Can anyone that has one tell me if it has hurt the mpg at all?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Mpg

I am looking at the Two Brothers M-2 Black exhaust. Can anyone that has one tell me if it has hurt the mpg at all?
Good question. I will probably end up trying a slip on as well but will take it off if it hurts fuel economy. The improvement in low end torque that is shown on the dyno print outs makes me think that fuel economy will get better. Especially if I can gear my average cruise rpm down closer to the first torque bump at 5,800 with a bigger front sprocket.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats kind of what i was looking at. most of the time I am going around 45 mph which is right around 4800 rpm so with a little extra power there would be great. I know there wont be a big gain but i am going for the look and sound more then power.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've got a 2Bro's coming in, most likely tomorrow (it cleared customs on Friday).

I've been keeping track of my mileage on Fuelly (WeeBR). Last tank was 2.9l/100km. I imagine the first tank after the can is installed will be less while I get my hoon on. But the police in this town take a really dim view of pipes/cans so I'll be trying to keep the racket to a minimum, which 'should' increase the mileage.

When I'm riding for mileage I tend to shift around 4500, and run around in [email protected]/h (3500rpm). The bike is on the edge with that riding style and I can't see the 2Bro's significantly changing those figures and I sure won't be dialing it 'down' anymore than that.

So keep an eye on my Fuelly.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Reset

You may want to at least disconnect the battery in order to try to reset the fuel trim adaptation if not go through the whole rigamaroll of jumping connectors as outlined in the Thai reset video.
I've got a 2Bro's coming in, most likely tomorrow (it cleared customs on Friday).

I've been keeping track of my mileage on Fuelly (WeeBR). Last tank was 2.9l/100km. I imagine the first tank after the can is installed will be less while I get my hoon on. But the police in this town take a really dim view of pipes/cans so I'll be trying to keep the racket to a minimum, which 'should' increase the mileage.

When I'm riding for mileage I tend to shift around 4500, and run around in [email protected]/h (3500rpm). The bike is on the edge with that riding style and I can't see the 2Bro's significantly changing those figures and I sure won't be dialing it 'down' anymore than that.

So keep an eye on my Fuelly.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You may want to at least disconnect the battery in order to try to reset the fuel trim adaptation if not go through the whole rigamaroll of jumping connectors as outlined in the Thai reset video.
Well I'm gong to assume the one dyno chart (No Tip, no juice box) is a 'non reset' CBR and I'm kind of liking the couple extra pounds of torque down low. I dunno, we'll try it out and see. I guess thats why their isn't a juice box for the CBR, theirs basically no difference with and without.

As for the Thai vid.. it was not exactly clear which wires to jump on the coolant sensor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you order yours from? If you can let me know how loud it is that would be great. I want a better sound but i dont want it to say "look at me" to the cops.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Where did you order yours from? If you can let me know how loud it is that would be great. I want a better sound but i dont want it to say "look at me" to the cops.
I ordered mine from Motorcycle Gear.com (New Enough). I ordered the plain aluminum. I got a call from them saying that 2 Bros was backordered on some part and that it may be up to 3 weeks before their back in stock. New Enough (these guys rock) emailed me and said they'd ship the Black Aluminum for the same price as the regular Aluminum. HELL YA!

Anyway, it showed up at my door step this morning and 30 minutes later it was on the bike.

I was really impressed with quality of the parts and the mounts. Good stuff. MUCH lighter than the stocker. Now the bad news. This bitch is LOUD. I live adjacent to a small apartment block and I wince just thinking about starting it up there. It's not to bad once moving with no load on the engine, but it really has a bark to it under load.

Sounds great running downshifting for a corner when running a bit of a pace though!

I'm gonna try mounting a large washer in the tip (old school chopper trick) to shut it up a bit, and, I've got some exhaust packing in the shed. I read somewhere they (2 Bros) aren't exactly liberal with the packing material.

Anyway, the last 100km on this tank was with the can on and still got 95mpg with me getting on it a handful of times. Next couple of tanks will tell the tale.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I really like the look of the aluminum over the carbon fiber one.
That is one pretty pipe. It compliments the bike very well.

I don't want to go loud though. I've had enough loud bikes, quiet is a very nice change :)

But god it's sooooo pretty.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts