Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got on a gsxr 600 when I went with a friend is planning on getting a bike, and I noticed that the handlebars were a LOT lower than they are on the CBR250R (maybe 4-5 inches) and I liked it. So I looked for some after-marker handlebars online and I found some made by TYGA.

They were $170 for a set, and they said they were made to go with their "triple clamp" which cost $150. I would pay that much if I knew it would feel as good as that gsxr did, but they only drop them 25 mm (almost 1").

Does anyone know if 1 inch would even be noticeable?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It would be noticeable, but not hugely different... The fairings on our bike do not allow for lowset clipons like the supersports have.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The difference is the type of bike. The GSXR has more of a race riding position where the 250 has a more upright daily ride-able position. I personally want the bars another inch higher because I ride the thing every day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally want the bars another inch higher because I ride the thing every day.
I agree. I've been riding quite a bit lately since getting my CBR250 , but it seems to hurt my neck a little bit on longer distances. I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas as to how I could raise the handlebars by about an inch. Or even bringing them slightly forward.
I use it mostly as a highway bike on weekends but I sometimes find myself just touching the grips with my fingers instead of wrapping my whole hand around them because it allows me to be a little more straight up in the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree. Seems the angles are too high to actually tuck in and get comfortable, and yet you're sitting tipped too far to straighten up and get the weight off your hands. I'd like to have those bard elevated a few inches too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree. I've been riding quite a bit lately since getting my CBR250 , but it seems to hurt my neck a little bit on longer distances. I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas as to how I could raise the handlebars by about an inch. Or even bringing them slightly forward.
I use it mostly as a highway bike on weekends but I sometimes find myself just touching the grips with my fingers instead of wrapping my whole hand around them because it allows me to be a little more straight up in the seat.
You could probably bring them higher by looseing the pinch bolt, but they are attached to the fork and there is a ring that keeps you from moving them higher so you could A) remove ring or B) move the entire forks up a little. Neither if which I recommend.

The handlebars have a pin on the bottom that keeps you from adjusting them in either direction, so if anyone knows how you can do that ( i called honda, they said there not adjustable) please share.

·
Registered
576 Posts
there is a slight adjustment.
i loosened the bolt and positioned them
back all the way as they had an inch play altogether.
better than nothing,and was noticable.

·
Registered
576 Posts
the whole bar where it attatches to the fork.
it pulled close enough that i;m glad i adjusted it even if it
was minute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts