Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Riders,

hope you are enjoying riding cbr250r...
to let you know, im new to this forum thing, and i am not much aware of it...but here is my first querrie which i wud like some discussion on and to be answered if possible...(it might be a repeat topic sorry if so):(

I own a new CBR250R 2011 stock model - no mods yet ( i know it s a 250r forum so its very obvious...hahaha ...)
im in canberra - australia and it gets freezing cold out here goes down to -4 degrees at nights :mad:... how much should be the ideal tyre air pressure...???
i never ever take a pillion (my license wont let me)
i've heard people saying that it shud be 5 psi greater than what is ideal...some says it should be less than that... also, when is the best time to check the pressure... some one told me that its best when tyres are cold after bikes been still for more than 6-8 hrs or so... but even then...till I ride up to gas/fuel station, tyres will heat up...

what do you have to say guys.. i wud really appreciate some info and suggestions...:)

thnx in advance..

·
745 Posts
There are several posts on here about pressure - search for "Tire Pressure", since most of us don't speak the King's English.

Here's one: http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-service-maintenance/2771-newb-question-tire-pressure.html

Here's another: http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-service-maintenance/3405-tire-pressure.html

Off the top of my head, it's 29psi for the front and 29-33 psi in the back. I've run 29 in both, but I'm going to kick the rear up to 31 when i replace the tire (soon). Remember that most of your body weight is on the rear tire, so if you're heavier you may need a bit more.

Hope you're enjoying your new bike!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Luke,

in my while life of 24 years, i never realised tht i've been spelling it as 'Y' and not 'I' .... but thanx for making me realise tht...feeling like a Britisher now... lol..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
luke is right...if you searched TYRE you wont get back any search results...not for threads in here anyway

and its 29psi front..29psi rear for under 200lbs rider weight on the bike....
200 lbs and heavier its 29psi front 33psi rear

·
1,305 Posts
LOL my English spelling has been beaten out of me... too many years of being in the US

i rock 29psi on front and rear.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey mate, I too am from Australia, I've been running 29 psi front and rear and it seems fine, although I'm down in Adelaide and we do get some sunshine from time to time :)

Like Luke says, if you're a big bloke you'll wanna put more in the rear, but I'm thinking if it really is freezing up there go 2-3 psi higher on each tyre. TYRE. T-Y-R-E.

·
Registered
323 Posts
luke is right...if you searched TYRE you wont get back any search results...not for threads in here anyway
Actually it would be a good way to edit out the Yanks. :D
Just kidding folks, just kidding.
Hey - if neighbours can't razz each other a bit we're all lost. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm 200+ and find I like the CBR better with a couple extra pounds in the rear.

·
Registered
540 Posts
TYRE is the rebellious non-conformist way to spell it.

by 1700 tyre had become obsolete and tire remained as the settled spelling.[1] In the UK, the spelling tyre was revived in the 19th century for pneumatic tires, though many continued to use tire for the iron variety. The Times newspaper in Britain was still using tire as late as 1905.[3] The 1911 edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica states that "[t]he spelling 'tyre' is not now accepted by the best English authorities, and is unrecognized in the US",[2] while Fowler's Modern English Usage of 1926 says that "there is nothing to be said for 'tyre', which is etymologically wrong, as well as needlessly divergent from our own [sc. British] older & the present American usage".[1] However, over the course of the 20th century tyre became established as the standard British spelling.
Tire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Funny i watch alot of U.K tv progaming. Wife says i cant under stand the way they talk . I said you dont understand them because their speaking ENGLISH. We speak american.

Front 29 psi Rear 30psi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts