Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! A new user of this forum. I have had a CBR250 for some months so far and I am pretty happy with it. Not my first bike, indeed.
I would like to know what tyres you guys have tried so far on this bike and what your feelings are about them.
Lamps!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hi everyone! A new user of this forum. I have had a CBR250 for some months so far and I am pretty happy with it. Not my first bike, indeed.
I would like to know what tyres you guys have tried so far on this bike and what your feelings are about them.
Lamps!
Hi Fede and welcome to the forum.
It depends on what you want to do with the bike. The aforementioned Michelin Pilot Street radials are excellent for touring. They last very long but have limited grip so you would need to look for something else if you want to do aggressive riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! You are right, I should have been more detailed but I did not want to write a very long message in my first post ever in this forum! :D
Actually I bough a set of Pirelli Diablo ii and I will have them install soon. Still I would like to know what is your experience with different tyres and for different styles of riding.
I mainly use the bike for commuting from early spring to late fall (usually short runs), and I usually have a few long trips each summer. I like to ride a bit toward the aggressive side, 'though I have a quite "clean" or "smooth" style of riding (I mean I am not breaking aggressively when I enter the turn, I prefer to let the bike run smoothly through). I usually tend to use up all the tyre span.
Before the 250 I used to have CBR 125 and I have always used Bridgestone BT39 SS on that bike. A bit expensive but they worth it, in my opinion. Great grip (IMO), I often had the steps touching the ground and still feeling rather relaxed.

Actually not that much interested in very long mileage. 6000-7000 km would be ok.
I need something that will warm up quite quickly and good for sporty riding (but not racing) and that can handle some rain, occasionally.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have any experience outside the Pilot Streets and the OEM IRC Roadwinners. From what I hear though the Diablos are supposed to fit your riding style. Good grip but wear quickly (if my memory serves me right that is but I believe that was how they were described on occasion). Maybe others here can share their experiences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.. am still riding the OEM road winners, btw... They are not that bad until you try to push the bike to the limit.
I will have the Diablos installed in a week or so and I will let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought mine with diablo rosso 2's, wore them out and installed diablo 3's.. which have a harder strip through the center for less wear. My 2's squared off in a season. I am half way through a season with 3's and yet to see any actual wear through that center strip. Old post, just saw a post from a month ago and figured I would add my review.

I have a second cbr250r my gf rides, a 2012 with the original IRC's.. never was a fan of them on my cbr125's and am rather shocked they have lasted so long. rear is squared off and hard, both just started dry rotting this year.
Torn between diablo 3's for her or mich street pilots.. I had loved the street pilots on the 125's but I can get the diablo's for cheaper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Diablo Rosso 2 now. Not love at first ride I must say, but I am starting to appreciate them now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts