Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago I cought a nail into my back tyre and I had to get a new one. There was only a Pirelli Sport Demon available in short time.
This tyre is quite different to the original. After more than 100 km and also after going into coarse gravel to remove the new slippery surface, I started to test the traction in the curves. The bike seemed to make the curve quite different without any further action from me, which was quite scary in the beginning. So the main action is now not anymore to put my weight into the curve, but to go out of the curve.
Has anyone experiences with different tyres?

·
Registered
619 Posts
The sport demons are much faster than the road winners, they will let the bike turn in quicker and it will feel different. After a few days, you'll get used to them.

Push forward with the hand on the outside of your turn, that will bring your bike back up straight when you come out of the corner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - I am going to try that. Actually at first I thought about changing the tyre, but after three hours of riding, I started thinking maybe they will be my friends. Not sure yet. But withthe original tyres I also felt it sometimes quite hard to get into the curve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts